The Photo Snob Thread

little man

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone has MSN so that they could help me in detail about lenses and filters or even have a website I can browse? I work 2 jobs so don't have much time to go to camera shops and ask questions etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated, just shoot me off a PM with websites or emails or whatever might help me out if you could. Thanks alot in advance!

Your best bet is POTN

skivi

Likes Dirt
first real experience is a professional studio today, not my cup of tea but i did have fun.
i was shooting some ballet dancers.

here is one of 8 pictures i took with my Canon 20D the rest were on 120 film- hasselblad (prism) with a carl zeiss 80mm f/2.8 (Kodak portra 400NC)

the film is at the lab, i'll pick it up tomorrow and do some scans then. should be good.

also the camera this shot was taken with is for sale as well as an 18-55, 75-300 and a whole load of other stuff. see back a few pages for more info.

Attachments

nizai

Likes Dirt
Phew! for a moment there I couldnt find the Photo Snob Thread. Thought it had slipped to the second page! God forbid! But alas there it was in front of me...

A macro attempt from last night. This lens sorely needs a service, focusing it sounds like a bag of nails (thats what happens when my dad takes it to Meekatharra)...

top_dog

Likes Dirt
It doesn't hit you in the face, like most of your stuff does Alan, but still very good.:p

Not sharp enough, but it looks fast.

More and bigger here

dpasquale

Squid
first post in this thread

im fairly new to photography

i received my first dslr ( nikon d40 ) about a month ago

here are a few of my shots so far

tell me what you think and how you think i can improve

muchly appreciated

Last edited:

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Had a trip into the wild last weekend. Absolutely stunning up there at the moment. Wilpena Pound is an awesome place to camp and rough it...

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Wrongie, love them all, especially the second photo. Wilpena pound is a pretty surreal place, I was down there a few years ago.

Arete

Likes Dirt
It's a cheap (if you could call any undwerwater setup cheap) but I got this a few days ago, Will be taking it out on the weekend to play.

Underwater is such a different ball game to on the land.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Maybe it'd just be me, but I reckon testing the housing for the first time would have to be bloody neveracking. I'd be paranoid I'd put it together wrong, or there was a dodgy seal, or Murphy was just out to get me.:eek:

Extreme Hucker

Likes Dirt
Heck yes its nerve racking, but we did it first without the camera. But when you go to the beach to take pics and the waves bash it around you tend to check it every second. You have to check that there are no specs of sand on the seals as well.

Last edited:

Arete

Likes Dirt
I had an old Olympus 5050 and housing. A hair (not mine, my head's shaved) got in across the seal and it was leaking. I noticed at the beginning of a 20min deco stop... ARGH! I had to sit there and watch it slowly fill up.