The Photo Snob Thread

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
About time you posted a photo. Looks very 50's...apart from the bikini's. Nice.

Hey all,

ok so i havnt really had the time to post some pics up lately from new camera. So here we are. If this are to big. Yell at me and ill attempt to smallerize them lol.

C&C most appreciated. This pictures have had little to no editing.

A Pelican

*Pelican Photo*
Nice dude. I like the first pelican shot. Well framed. With the others, watch how vivid you go on the colours...sometimes they can get a little too saturated and the colours blow out. But yeah, overall it looks like you're improving. :)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Sweet, I like it :)

Hey all,

ok so i havnt really had the time to post some pics up lately from new camera. So here we are. If this are to big. Yell at me and ill attempt to smallerize them lol.

C&C most appreciated. This pictures have had little to no editing.

~Epic Snip~

And yay for the 19point AF :)

Thanks all for looking.

p.s do you guys think these are worthy of a signature at bottom?? so people dnt steal them.
In terms of putting a sig in a corner or what not if someone legitimately wants to steal your shot they will just crop it out, the only sure fire way to ensure there is no stealing is a giant watermark across the entire image. On another note, they look good! sharp :) The second pelican shot and the frangipani or however you spell it are probs my favs :)

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
About time you posted a photo. Looks very 50's...apart from the bikini's. Nice.

Nice dude. I like the first pelican shot. Well framed. With the others, watch how vivid you go on the colours...sometimes they can get a little too saturated and the colours blow out. But yeah, overall it looks like you're improving. :)
This is why I get confused with colour displayed on others screen compared to mine. To me every shot (apart maybe the flower) are perfectly 'real life colours' as i view them on my screen and as i saw them when i took the shot. And when i printed them all came out 100% same as my screen. So i'm not sure what you mean by vivid?

Thanks for the coment though, much appreciated.

EDit: ok maybe you talking about the blown outs in the whites? like the top of the pelicans head? how do i not do this?

Last edited:

Ek155

Likes Dirt
Ben, both of those are so sick, love the film shots.
(they are film?)

Anyways, haven't checked the thread for a while, and thanks for the comments on the whistler photo's i posted a couple of weeks ago :):)

my first time using flashes for a portrait, I'm still kinda undecided on this shot, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

and while i'm here,

Canbrahh

Cam's Jam.

Cheers.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Right, so today was a bit warm to do much of worth, so I had a play with a shot that I liked but I thought it was a little bit bland, Results were good! It is no longer bland :p. I quite like how it turned out.

Also Ek155, I'm liking the last shot there, clean and simple :)

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't put pics up in here in yonks, so thought i'd chuck up some recent ones.

New lense, Peleng 8mm f3.5 Fisheye

And some pics with it

RCOH

Eats Squid
Skinner: [faking a yawn] Well, that was wonderful. Good time was had
by all. I'm pooped.
Chalmers: Yes, I guess I should be --
[notes entire kitchen is on fire]
Good Lord, what is happening in there?
Skinner: Aurora Borealis?
Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day?
In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your
kitchen?
Skinner: Yes.
Chalmers: May I see it?
Skinner: Oh, erm... No.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just got some photos that i took in Cambodia, this is my first ever attempt at editing a photo, and i really don't think i've done the photo justice, but anyway here are two edits of the photo, i'm not 100% sure which i like best. But any Tips hints or advice at all, would definitely be appreciated.
Anyway here we go the photo was taken when we ventured out to a Floating Village in Siem Riep in Cambodia. The whole area is really breathtaking

Cheers Nick

Edit: Available on Flickr, in full size

Last edited:

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
Nick, personally I prefer the first. The crop in the second shot seems too balanced for me. If you learn how to clone/heal, you could remove the corner of roof in the bottom right corner, and it would make it much nicer. Siem Reap's a hell of a joint hey!

Noice. Regan, if yours turns out like that, you have done well ;) especially on film

Those reflections are mint, nice landscape! On another note, fix that horizon in the first shot, and I kind of wish the sun was just a little further behind the wing.

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Haven't put pics up in here in yonks, so thought i'd chuck up some recent ones.

New lense, Peleng 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
*snip*

And some pics with it
*snip*

*snip*
Not a fan of this lens at all... One of my friends has it, and it is sooo soft around the edges.. Tis really annoying how it is all manual also.. So hard to get focused! The Airies Inlet photo though looks rad though!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a fan of this lens at all... One of my friends has it, and it is sooo soft around the edges.. Tis really annoying how it is all manual also.. So hard to get focused! The Airies Inlet photo though looks rad though!
I don't find focusing to much of an issue, which such a large DOF it's pretty much set and forget. Got it for a bit of fun, and couldn't justify spending $1300 on the full auto sigma equivalent for a lense of this type, so $389 on this seemed the best option. ;)
Thanks.