The Photo Snob Thread

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Depends on who applies and what they want to do with the images... if they are doing it well it should pay for itself. We will promote their images throughout all our media... we have a very large number of first time racers and therefore they will want images to show off.

I remember back in the day, when I was doing photography as a full time professional... I would seek out events to go to. Seems those days have gone?
I'd love to go down, never been to Forrest to ride. But It's a long way to go to just shoot. I shot a 6hr at Castlemain once, but that was 'cause a friend was riding.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
I'd love to go down, never been to Forrest to ride. But It's a long way to go to just shoot. I shot a 6hr at Castlemain once, but that was 'cause a friend was riding.
Where do you live? Forrest is 1.5 hours from Melbourne now that the Ring Road is finished... I've seen your work and it looks ok.

If you agree to come down (from whereever that is) I'll see we pay you for your petrol, we will feed you and we could even find you bed for the night on Saturday night if you like... question is, can you shoot XC?

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Really like the last shot, Tristan, although I agree it would have a bit more impact @35mm.

I finally finished another roll off, here are some faces

Dave, chilling at Mona Vale bowl.

Joe, also chilling.

Nic, taking a rest from jumping.

Oh and I also managed to take a photo with the new camera, although it's mostly been resigned to video-ing lately.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Olly you jerk. I thought you'd got a 5DII from your flickr, but I wasn't sure. Nice. Last shot is nice but would like to have seen more to the left of frame and tighter on the right.
Sorry mate. Flash used, poor focus, poor framing (mic stand, light stands, too much headroom) and downs syndrome douchebags in the background make this a throwaway. Good action but not much else.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
School athletics carnival today.

People that are to cool for school can get the fuck out.

Fairly limited as I only had a 50mm.. for some reason they wouldn't let me on the track. :confused:

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Yeah I like the shot, Nat. I like how the subject is framed between the grass and the railings above and behind him. I like the bore water stains on the wall. What I don't like, however, is the giant tear in the bore water stains, and the amount of OOF in the foreground. I think it could do with a tighter crop on the bottom, but overall I do like the shot. Sorry if this reply is a bit fucked and hard to read, I have just spend the past 4 hours writing 5 different english essays, 3 of which were on poetry. Lucky me.

syko

Likes Dirt
Just one from this arvo. Any snobbers heading to Awaba this weekend?
No but you will have the pleasure of photographing Marcus Fairbanks as he is going, so is Matt Currie i believe.

In other news flickr is being a bitch to me so i could only upload one photo from a shoot i did with a model down at Parkdale beach last month, here it is C&C would be nice. Oh and there's more to come once flickr stops being stupid.

Last edited:

contagious

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have any information on old film cameras.
I have an old Taron Marquis rangefinder.

I am just not sure if it has a light meter.
I am pretty sure it does, but am confused.

skivi

Likes Dirt
Anyone have any information on old film cameras.
I have an old Taron Marquis rangefinder.

I am just not sure if it has a light meter.
I am pretty sure it does, but am confused.
post some photos of the camera and it's lens/controls and we'll tell you what it is and how to check if it still works ok.