The Photo Snob Thread

Sam.

Eats Squid
That was the way I saw it aswell tris, similar to the critique corner in the canon digital photographers forum.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe even post one as an embedded pic, the rest as attachments? Just trying to save space and bandwidth. once more, be selective. I need to post some things.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
what camera?

hey, it would be good if you talented types told us the camera and lens combo...

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's my best pics from my recent trip to Hawaii. The sunset pic hasn't been touched other than to resize it. The dolphin pic has been brightened up a little.

Camera: Pentax *ist D
Lens: Pentax SMC P-FA J 18-35mm

---Matt---

Last edited:

Atomizer

Likes Dirt
My first photo of my son Max. Taken at 11.04am on April 4th, within the first 60 seconds on his life on the outside.

Canon 30D with 50mm f/1.8 (original, old-school, metal mount model). 1/100 sec. and f/4.5 at iso640.

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Atomizer that's a great shot mate! Very dramatic lighting.

So, here's a recent one of mine:
http://www.users.on.net/~benhew/SG107642.jpg

I was experimenting with some gels on the flash. CTO (orange) gel on the flash, camera right. Sunlight camera left, crosslighting the subject. Camera white balance set to tungsten to render the orange light from the flash as a white colour, this gives the sky it's intense blue colour. Fun technique, I'd love to try it on a MTB shot but I'm not sure if my sync speed and flash power is up to it.

On another note, how good is off camera flash? I had a messy, messy night last night and just set up the camera and flash, left the flash on a bench bouncing it off the ceiling to capture all kinds of drunken shenanigans in a much more interesting way than the usual crap.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Taken at SummerFieldDays 2006, the series conveyed our state of mind/experience well - I know the image quality is poor (compressed and resized, plus shit camera), but if it was taken with a better camera (same effects/colours etc) would that be a good shot?

Trying to make my photos better as they have historically, been shite.

Attachments

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Xmetal - Loving that second shot of yours. Totally unique car and awesome photography to compliment it.

Here's a recent shot of mine. Smoke from incense. My website isn't up yet, so probably no point in having it there, but meh. Some cool photos coming through here..keep posting!

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Tristan - Holy shit.

Give us a rundown of hardware, lighting, photoshop etc.