DH The next great build thread!

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Alright squids it's been a long time between drinks but I think it's time I started another epic build/evolution/riding pictures thread!
(and the crowd goes mild!)

The current stead is due for replacement as pictured below:

I've been plowing fairly irregularly on it for a while but it's starting to show signs of aging and weight.

This is the replacement frame:

2008 (I think) Intense Socom

Most of you will notice it's had some repair work done to the seat tube, i've had it inspected by a qualified boilermaker and the welds are acceptable.
It's currently down at the powder coating place awaiting sandblasting and a re-paint, this will be revealed in the 2 weeks. I'm also replacing all the pivot bearings as they're all shot.
I'm still chasing a few bits and pieces for it but they will show up in time. :) This is my first foray into boutique bikes so it's all very much uncharted terror-tory. ;)

Most of the parts are being used from the Glory - those that aren't too worn/beaten up.

I shall post more images as the build progresses and as parts arrive so please stay tuned.

i'd like to say a special thanks to Matt from Intense Cycles Australia for his support, supply of parts and encouragement.

Xmetal

Just a little update here:

Freshly powdercoated and ready for parts. :)

sando63

Likes Bikes
nice mate! from what I've heard the socoms are a pretty rad frame. should be pretty nice once you're finished! keen for progress :)

Xmetal

Small update.

[/URL]

Replaced all the pivot bearings in the frame. :) It's actually starting to resemble a bike again.

Currently needing wider DU bushes and hardware for the shock so that is next on the list.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HAHAHAHA..........a boilermaker inspecting ally tig welds that's funny

I was around when you did your first build, from what I gathered $bucks$
are tight and your looking at doing things on the cheap or you just want to
prove a point but I've got to ask why an Intense?? As shown from your pics
they do crack

Xmetal

HAHAHAHA..........a boilermaker inspecting ally tig welds that's funny
Yeah? Well i'm sure as shit not asking a Fitter to inspect it. ;)

from what I gathered $bucks$
are tight and your looking at doing things on the cheap
The mortgage, up-coming Wedding and other things in life like bills take massive priority before any bike does. I am only getting along on a very minimal wage and don't have financial support or sponsors because i'm too slow at racing.

...or you just want to
prove a point but I've got to ask why an Intense??
Something different? I've never owned one and was genuinely looking forward to making my own opnion of it, that and not all of us can afford brand new Demo's - see my above statement re: 'doing it on the cheap'.

As shown from your pics
they do crack
Yes they do. Not all off us ride at World cup level either so I figure if I can get 2-3 years out of it then i'm doing well.

Smoov: DHX 4. :)