The New Dad thread

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So for anyone that cares.....The missus and I had a lil girl! Fu@ken amazing experience. Looks like there'll be a pink mtb being bought in the near future!
Congratulations, it's an awesome time when it's all new and it does get better. Best wishes to Mum and baby.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
View attachment 268736

Proudest moment yet...

My little one Layla in the feed zone at the Albury 6hr on her new bike :)
Hey Cul

Thats great! I'm the 2nd table in the background. I had my 3 kids at the race for the start & finish. Aged 6, 3 & 1. They just wanted to go in the bush and do whatever kids do in there. Had to fish em out a few times.
Will you be at Blores for the next round?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I have a nearly 5 month old baby girl, she sleeps in bed with us so she has free rain on the titties. Sleeps really well this way. Wakes maybe 4-5 times for a feed, and sleeps in with maybe one nappy change. Might pay for it when we try to evict her from the bed,but for now it's good.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I have a nearly 5 month old baby girl, she sleeps in bed with us so she has free rain on the titties. Sleeps really well this way. Wakes maybe 4-5 times for a feed, and sleeps in with maybe one nappy change. Might pay for it when we try to evict her from the bed,but for now it's good.
Hahaha free rain on the titties! I am actually laughing out loud. Gold. We have a 7 month old daughter, she sleeps in her cot from 7 till atleast 6am, don't hear a peep.. Although now she's started teething. Our boys 3.5, he had an inner ear infection during his teething pretty much non stop. Was hell for the poor kid. Hope my (and your) daughter has a better run than he did!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hahaha free rain on the titties! I am actually laughing out loud. Gold. We have a 7 month old daughter, she sleeps in her cot from 7 till atleast 6am, don't hear a peep.. Although now she's started teething. Our boys 3.5, he had an inner ear infection during his teething pretty much non stop. Was hell for the poor kid. Hope my (and your) daughter has a better run than he did!
Sounds like you're lucky too. Mustn't be the titties after all:eyebrows:
Yeah every day they're healthy is a blessing and I'm grateful. Nothing worse than not being able to make them comfortable.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Cheers for all the baby love fellas!....was starting to think Moorey&Dozer were the only one's to get reply's on here! ;) Mum n lil Ella are spot on, and hopefully due home tomorrow. Wooooooo!

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Cul

Thats great! I'm the 2nd table in the background. I had my 3 kids at the race for the start & finish. Aged 6, 3 & 1. They just wanted to go in the bush and do whatever kids do in there. Had to fish em out a few times. Will you be at Blores for the next round?
Hehehe the little one had a blast, so much so she was tuckered out and had to have a sleep. I am hoping to be at Blores but I will be sans support crew this time as they are flying out to Brisbane the same morning; it will be touch and go as to whether or not I can make it in time (or get anyone else to take them to the airport).

If you see me, riding around on my Ti Racer X say g'day :)

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers for all the baby love fellas!....was starting to think Moorey&Dozer were the only one's to get reply's on here! ;) Mum n lil Ella are spot on, and hopefully due home tomorrow. Wooooooo!
Do reported posts count as replies now?:high5:

Congrats. Hope it doesn't interrupt your riding as much as it did mine (by choice mainly, 6 years without touching a bike).
Clearly, some manage it better, I was riding with a guy at 5.30 this morning who's first baby was born 12 hours ago... I don't think that wooda gone down too well with my wife :yield:

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Do reported posts count as replies now?:high5:

Congrats. Hope it doesn't interrupt your riding as much as it did mine (by choice mainly, 6 years without touching a bike).
Clearly, some manage it better, I was riding with a guy at 5.30 this morning who's first baby was born 12 hours ago... I don't think that wooda gone down too well with my wife :yield:
6 yrs??!! Fu@k that! I'll be getting out as soon as possible to dodge the shitty nappies and howling!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
No, your wife would not be happy. You should be at home mowing the lawn

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Well that's been an amazing week........naaart! Pretty much NO sleep since last Thurs, constant nappy changes, watching boobs get expressed and the crying....wow! But would'nt have it any other way! It certainly is an amazing feeling having a tiny lil part of you in the house.

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
My baby girl Eloise Ann born 4/8, 3.1kgs woohoo I so can't wait for what's in store for our family!

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
My baby girl Eloise Ann born 4/8, 3.1kgs woohoo I so can't wait for what's in store for our family!
Congrats mate!! Good times ahead for you and the fam.....once you get past the first week that is! Enjoy dude, its the best.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Hope you enjoyed what sleep you used to get. Congratulations to you and the missus, get ready for the best part of your lives.

Bermshot

Banned
Any dads having dramas with mum against 'trying' to get son to be a man? so to speak. Like blanket mothering....

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
She worried about you getting him into mountain biking, or taking him to brothels and back room card games?

leighaus

Likes Bikes
This thread makes me so excited to be a dad. Super jealous. Glad to hear so many 'success' stories. Your kids health is all you really want when it boils down to it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Bermshot

Banned
She worried about you getting him into mountain biking, or taking him to brothels and back room card games?
I taught him how to punch a brothel at 8, was winning chips by 5, I'm not sure how much I can teach him now he has out grown me, OH!

Yep, I'll punch him into submission untill gets respect. Once he gets it he will give it back....

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Congrates mate, hope mum and bub are doing fine!

Any dads having dramas with mum against 'trying' to get son to be a man? so to speak. Like blanket mothering....
What the fark is blanket mothering?
I just buy my son boy sh!t, dump trucks, cars and the like. He'll do boy sh!t when he's older as well, you know, footy, cricket, the type of crap where I waste my weekends away while hoping he oneday becomes captain of the Australian cricket squad.

And I hate cricket!

Last edited: