The Injury Thread.

andy_man

Likes Dirt
wow dude u got owned bad.

yesterday my right hand went like tip of my fingers 1st in2 a steep bank and dislocated my ring finger and rude finger outwards. looks like i was doing the star trek sign haahhahahha

Jordan.

Likes Dirt
Bumpity Bump.

Well two weeks ago i was manualing down my gravel driveway, and a gained to much speed. So as i lent back a tad to far i flipped it and had to bail, straight onto the rocks, hands out.

I got up and noticed all this blood pouring out my left hand and a massive bit of gravel rash on my right hand. So when i got to hospital they cleaned my hands and noticed that the gash in my left hand was halfway through my hand and my gravel rash on the other hand wasnt to bad.

So they put 8 stitches in my left hand, the local annesthetic had to be injected into the massive gash i was so pain-full. And my stitches are out now but apparently i will take months for nerves and shit to heal:(

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
I broke my wrist twice in 2months earlier this year. Same wrist, different bones. Still isnt properly healed.

mattdbr

Squid
hi everyone fell at lake parra the other week had 35 stitches in my knee cut was 12 cm long and cut straight thru to bone had surgery and still of work thanks all the great people at the track that helped me first time at track to what an idiot!!!!

leighhills1

Likes Bikes
I broke my wrist twice in 2months earlier this year. Same wrist, different bones. Still isnt properly healed.
man wrists are the worst to break, i broke mine last year, like 5 days before my birthday.
was doing dirt jumps and the lip of it caved in, the whole jump just fell over,
taken 2 hours before i got any pain killers, and had to sit in the waiting room for like 20 mins, finally got into theatre after like 3 hours. it ended up being a fractured and dislocated bone in my wrist, i kept thinking wtf why is my wrist curved?
anyways i ended up spending my birthday in a full cast, not fun.

both my wrists are fucked, afew days ago i went for a footjam and just stuffed up, bailed in the bowl and landed on my wrist, havnt ridden for the last 3-4 days it just hurts too much to ride

foets

Likes Bikes
taken 2 hours before i got any pain killers, and had to sit in the waiting room for like 20 mins, finally got into theatre after like 3 hours.
thats pretty quick in a hostpital mate, especially for surgery on a wrist, i broke my elbow last year and spent 6 hours waiting in the waiting room and then waited 5 days for surgery. spending 5 days in a shit hospital bed with a broken arm is not fun. Worst bit was that because i could have been going into surgery any minute i couldnt eat anything coz you can't eat before you have a general, by the time they told me i could eat at like 10pm each day they was no food anywhere and none of the shops were open, it was shiiit

BMX94

Squid
soft tissue damage to shoulder and lower back and internal bleeding-somehow landed flat on my back off a jump when i was 1st begining riding

nocked myself out with nobody around and was coughing up blood when i woke up and had to walk around and find someone ( mum ) so that she could take care of me- i was only about 12 at the time and just remember hitting a jump and going over the bars

crashed a stupid 360 over a tiny jump last year and broke my leg and pulled all the ligaments in my right ankle - resulted in having to get my bones in my leg moved back together wilst on happy gas( man that stuffs awesome) and then getting a pinn in my ankle to hold my bones straight in surgery- was supposed to be in plaster for 6 weeks but it didnt heal so all up i spent 13 weeks in plaster( the entire christmas school holidays plus more) then got the pinn out and had to do a tone of physio to be able to walk properly on it again.

failed 360 over a 1/2 decent dirt jump resulted in ligament damage to my left ankle

2 concusions wilst learning backflips and wiplashed necks

popped my shoulder out( luckily popped back in on its own) and pulled a muscle and did soft tissue amage to it and pulled a muscle that runs down the right side of my body (i have no idea wat its called) all wilst trying a twip into a foampit - earlier that day i was doing flip variations and didnt get a scratch, realy coped some shit because i told my parents it was hard to hurt yourself in a foampit

thats all i can realy think of- im only 17 and have been riding for 3 years :rolleyes:

i know exactly how you feel

blakesmtb

Likes Bikes
without a doubt id say the worst bone to break is the scaphoid bone in the hand. i broke it early august last year and still not back on the bike, and have been told i wont be untill june. dont put your hands out to stop yourself when you crash. take my advice

leighhills1

Likes Bikes
thats pretty quick in a hostpital mate, especially for surgery on a wrist, i broke my elbow last year and spent 6 hours waiting in the waiting room and then waited 5 days for surgery. spending 5 days in a shit hospital bed with a broken arm is not fun. Worst bit was that because i could have been going into surgery any minute i couldnt eat anything coz you can't eat before you have a general, by the time they told me i could eat at like 10pm each day they was no food anywhere and none of the shops were open, it was shiiit
lol and the lesson is...

check the jump before you do it. and dont fall off

thats the best idea i can think of aye haha

i could of had like 3 months of riding instead of sitting arounnd doing nothing if i only checked the dirt. but no. im too stupid....

i hate dirt jumps. haha

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just popped out my shoulder, had closed reduction and now am in a wedge brace.

Where to now? Any tips on healing it up good for future riding? Any preventative measures?

How long will I be looking at being the photog bitch?

pain

haydenw, that is nasty
made me a little sick seeing that,
i hope it heals up well
and you can get back out and do it again? (human nature, we dont learn)

i have a right ankle injury, did it a year ago, still hasnt healed, too many hours on the roadie,
oh well
a little pain never hurt anyone
:cool: