The Injury Thread.

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Post up your injuries, see if we all suffer the same punishment from riding.

I'll start.

Spilt open ankle, 3 stitches , double whip.

Lovely picture to accomadate my story.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
split open chin. 5 stitches. no pics sorry. just imagine a vag on my chin.

havent really had any decent injuries in bmx.

addmin

Likes Dirt
broken jaw - now wired together
cut chin - 7 stiches
2 broken teeth - need crowns after my jaw is unwired.

it would've been ok if it all happened while i was trying something new but it happened because a kid dropped his scooter in front of me...

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
broken jaw - now wired together
cut chin - 7 stiches
2 broken teeth - need crowns after my jaw is unwired.

it would've been ok if it all happened while i was trying something new but it happened because a kid dropped his scooter in front of me...
ouch, i probably would have killed the scooter kid with my bare hands

matty hall

Likes Dirt
Had a few.

Snapped collar bone, I how have a rod going through it. Broke my nose the same crash.

Brain tremour, Spent a week and half in hospital :rolleyes:

shins that look like a hacked up piece of meet! quite discusting actually! resulting in countless amouts of stitchers!

That was back in the day of "MTB"

Now on a BMX im haveing much better luck and no seriouse injuries as of yet....

addmin

Likes Dirt
ouch, i probably would have killed the scooter kid with my bare hands
same, but the kid was only 7 and him and his mum bailed before i was even out of the bowl

EDIT: WOOOO MY POSTCOUNT READS 3 4 5 I'M REALLY COOL

Last edited:

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saturday, stacked a tiny easy dirt jump, don't know how, don't know why it's just a freak accident.

• Fractured forehead bone/plate
  • Fractured Sinuses/bones under sinuses
  • Knocked out most of the teeth on the left side of my face
  • A few more were left hanging from my braces
  • Lost a lot of skin on the left side of my face
  • Cut open my forehead/nose/lips
  • Sliced open inside of my cheeks, and inside of lips, practically minced meat
  • Cut open that flappy thing under your tongue, fuck me that hurts
  • Nearly broke my neck
  • Jarred neck/chest/shoulder area badly
  • Broke bone that holds all the top teeth on
  • Have permanently lost two teeth on the bottom, one in front, one just next to it
  • Probably killed nerves in lots of teeth
  • Had like 27 stitches in my face

Will add the other bits if I think of them. I'm devo'd. Had emergency surgery for hours.

I'm all fucked up. :(

Last edited:

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ Is that all from that one stack Richo?

Damn....

Yeah.. :( And it wasn't even a decent jump or anything, I have no way of explaining what happened. All I know is I went way to far, somehow ended up with the bike practically inverted, and I landed on my face. Got knocked out but apparently I was semi concious, like I was pulling teeth out cause I thought they were dirt? Yeah I ended up with about a tennis ball's worth of dirt in my mouth, and tons in my eyes and nose and shit. I'm so lucky I can
  • See
  • Wiggle my Toes
  • Walk
  • Play guitar

My mate is an absolute champion, I owe him my life. He kept a calm head, got everyone who needed contacting in contact.

I'm so fucking over liquids. I can only just retain a proper mouthful of water today without my tongue searing and jerking and making me spit it out.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man all I have is a couple of crappy phone pics of the face/skin damage, all the impressive stuff is either under the skin or in my mouth. And I can hardly open my mouth enough to take a picture yet.

Funny getting face-stitches out yesterday, the lady kept on finding new ones. The count was like 14 and she's like, " I think we're do- wait no there's another one.. and another.. and it just kept on going."

I had so much planned too. I was supposed to play at a concert with 10,000 people on sunday, but I was hospitalised, I can't fucking believe it. And I was meant to go to adelaide for this month as well but that's all fucked as well.

I want one of those baths from "Wanted."

Azerin

Likes Dirt
wow after that story makes mine seems so tame. and sucks about not being able to play in that concert, 10,000 people is a big ass crowd

only had one serious injury so far. was trying to 180 out of this bank up unto this raised ledge/pathway thingo and i ballsed up the rotation so i wasn't going to make it, naturaly i throw the bike away but i land facing sideways and on the side of my left foot. so as i keep going my foot is being further and further rolled back and then pop! i dislocated my ankle, straining/pulling the ligament and such - no fun.

alex22

Likes Dirt
Richo that must suck man

i no my story may sound funny, and it kinda was, lol
anyway theres this school i sometimes ride for a bit of street and the was this rope about 2 ft high and i thought i could try and barspin over it (i cant evan barspin) so as i go up and take my hands off i remeba this almighty bang, then i woke up on the ground with blood all over my face

what had hapend was there was like a pole going over the rope at about head height and beacuse the sun was shining on it i didnt see it and clothes lined meself, lol, so i went to the hospital and got 4 stiches under my eye :D

if i knew how to post up a pic i would, lol

joelhein

Squid
sliced my shin!

mega shin dig,
Down to the bone, 5 inches long = 5 stiches and 3 steri strips and a f# load of pain.