The Injury Thread.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just popped out my shoulder, had closed reduction and now am in a wedge brace.

Where to now? Any tips on healing it up good for future riding? Any preventative measures?

How long will I be looking at being the photog bitch?
Half a year later... overshot the shit the out of a jump, and my shoulder partially dislocated.

Hopefully the MRI scans will reveal all...

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And now I dislocated it again at waterpolo last night.

Definitely thinking surgery now.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
And now I dislocated it again at waterpolo last night.

Definitely thinking surgery now.
sounds like it's become a must. i'm not an advocate of surgery unless it's become necessity, but tbh shoulders are the one area that don't seem to heal well due to the extreme mobility of the joint.

i'd thinking i partially tore my left supraspinatus and disturbed my AC at The Cove nine weeks ago. cut the first corner and washed out in the soft stuff, landed hard enough to see stars and was unable to make my left eye track for about 20 mins. bruised the greater trochanter and jammed my humerus up into the rotator cuff, i still can't put pressure on the biceps tendon all this time later. i that was a Sunday and i raced again on the Wednesday after, haven't stopped since and i'm on the mtb daily so i'm probably slowing the healing process, but i also need to keep going. last Saturday's mudfest at Tea Tree Gully saw me drop the women's cruiser class and just ride Retro after stacking it in practice and bruising my ribs and sternum - no pics of those, the bruises are in places i can't post on a public forum :)

met63

Likes Dirt
end of january, broke both my elbows, left radius, right scafoid and right wrist. also blew the cartilage capsule in my left elbow.
weekend before bunbury probikx. only just got back on the bike last week. been a long and painful process