The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did a miserable 1025 km , I just have lost my mojo/mofo/ will to live/ to be honest .

Will aim to knock a few rides out before the end of yr , it’s just rainy n cold here today .
The local forest is a mess after the storms , been doing a little trimming and clearing , but it’s a massive job .
See how the excuses just roll on out - once I’m on it it’s all okay

But some of you fellas are hardcore !

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Back in Tassie for Christmas, managed two of these loops this week.

Pretty happy with this for the year, given we had a second baby in October. Elevation is pretty pathetic compared with some of you, but Melbourne sucks for elevation.

Hoping for 5000km next year, it might be a struggle given work, study and the plague of children I now own.

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe my last ride for the year today.

Again, no huge numbers like some of you. Was aiming for 3k and with a broken leg in February I thought that might even be a bit optimistic. I was one of the fortunate few who had a little patch of dirt within a 5km radius which was a big deal this year again, ffs. Happy with the year all things considered.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm in a bit of a quandary. Tomorrow, do I try and hunker down for a four hour group ride with Coco, which would net me my first Imperial century, and nudge me over 6,000km and 80,000m for the year?

Or do I just have a play, tick off 39k's and 217m, and be satisfied with 5,900 and 80,000?

Considering the abject misery my glutes and quads were in by the time I climbed the Alpe this morning, I'm thinking the latter.

Still way more than the 4,000km and 50,000m I was hoping for, but it's been mostly fake for the past few months.

Regardless, I'm enjoying myself, and that's all that matters.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You know you’ll be gritting your teeth for years to come when you look back at your stats and see 5900, not 6000. ;)

217(v)M should be pretty “gettable” over 139km too.

Maybe roll out some flat terrain recover km’s this evening to loosen the legs and tick off a few km?

After all - You’ve got all of 2022 to recover! :p

(Haha, easy for me to say! :p)

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
You know you’ll be gritting your teeth for years to come when you look back at your stats and see 5900, not 6000. ;)

217(v)M should be pretty “gettable” over 139km too.

Maybe roll out some flat terrain recover km’s this evening to loosen the legs and tick off a few km?

After all - You’ve got all of 2022 to recover!

(Haha, easy for me to say! :p)
I really couldn't give two hoots about seeing 5900 instead of 6k, and I wouldn't just do 139. The 160 for the Imperial is what would really matter to me.

I can feel that I am just dog tired. Working in the heat this week has sapped me good and proper.

I assume Makuri Island will be a zwift world tomorrow, and I have a stuck of short routes that I haven't done, so I think I'll just tick a few off, get the badges and all that sweet sweet xp, and crawl into 2022.

Thanks for the gee up though. You never know how I might wake in the morning...............

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm not getting past 9600 this year. 10k would've been doable, but I forgot how much of a skanky dog the fortnight before Christmas is for me. And that was before I left half my leg skin on the tarmac.

November vs December

I've been out once this week. Too busy fixing other people's bikes before it gets too hot in the afternoon. Might get out tomorrow, might not.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In a similar situation to Cardy, Just been struggling to find the time these last few weeks. But always knew I would never make the full 250hrs with the slow start to the year. Still 20hrs up on last year.

But still pretty happy with the end result. With most of it being in the 2nd half of the year, feeling about as fit as I've ever been.

Lets see what next year brings, starting off strong with an assault on Lake Mountain Cascades from the bottom on the 2nd.

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius

apparently worthless and the majority was on a "grovel" bike or some such.......

Next year, 8k or 9k?

s

merry new the time taken by the earth to make one revolution around the sun and let's all make new years resolutions we'll all not keep.
(the meat socks yearly goal was 7000 km...... fwarker has such a shit eating grin) -

Narrator : but it all means nothing, cause they did most of it on a grovel bike....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Made the 6. I'd be lying if I said I was proud of the lion's share being on the trainer after work, but if that's the time I have to keep fit then so be it.

Some truly excellent rides at some excellent places in there too. Hopefully more of that to fill in the KMs next year

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk