The Hip Hop thread

BlakZ

Likes Dirt
Bit disappointed about the lack of oz hiphop on here to be honest!

At the moment listening to lots of Mantra, Urthboy, Dialectrix, Drapht, and Maundz (and in general, lots of golden era, SBX and crate cartel).

A mate and I try to catch all the shows we can in Melbourne. PM me if you are into oz hiphop I love talking it.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Loving Oz hip hop at the moment, saw Hilltop Hoods live at Riversessions a few weeks ago. I was working at the bar and people were coming up "Oh man, 60 was sick yo blah blah.." and I was just patiently waiting for the Hoods to show up and blast his set apart. (Wasn't disappointed either).

FBi Radio has a good segment every Tuesday evening called the Drop which is pretty good. Get's a heap of Oz Hip Hop and the better stuff from overseas which is pretty good I find.

HH released the video for Shredding the Balloon, pretty much my favourite from the new album (apart from The Underground, but only because it has Solo in it).

Also been listening to alot of stuff from Big Village Records, they're all going on Tour soon so I'm hoping to catch them when they're in Brisbane.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Ellesquire shits on everyone else on that label, or in the country for that matter. I just don't really think most 'strayan accents come across well in hiphop, so i don't like the majority of the stuff out there.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit too adlay for me, I like Funkoars but It gets boring quick
I can see where you're getting out, but I don't really think its too bad. He has that kind of voice I guess, but it's nowhere near as bad as Kerser or that other idiot 360. Seriously how anyone can listen to that stuff is beyond me, I watched like 30 seconds of this Kerser vid and every second line is something like 'blah blah let the haters hate me' or 'f%&$ the haterz'.
You can say that all you like, it doesn't make your music any better dipsh#t - in fact it means you know your music is sh#thouse! Then you get the little No.1 fans on FB saying ferk da haterz uncle 60 is da best.

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!

Graunched

Likes Dirt
Bit of Jazzy hiphop

[video=youtube;sLfwOKc0vts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfwOKc0vts&feature=related[/video]

Shredden

Knows his goats
Hey guys,

Only really began listening to Hip Hip after kinda getting over DnB and Dubstep pretty quickly aha.

Been listening to I guess the more mainstream stuff, Dead Prez, Notorious BIG, Hopsin, Public Enemy, Shad, and dare I say it, the Slim Shady LP from 1996 or whatever. That sorta thing. What else would you guys suggest in a similar sorta theme?

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Only really began listening to Hip Hip after kinda getting over DnB and Dubstep pretty quickly aha.

Been listening to I guess the more mainstream stuff, Dead Prez, Notorious BIG, Hopsin, Public Enemy, Shad, and dare I say it, the Slim Shady LP from 1996 or whatever. That sorta thing. What else would you guys suggest in a similar sorta theme?
Wiz Khalifa, hes like the coolest guy ever, amazing raps and such meaningful content, I mean, every song of his is about weed (makes him like a bajillion times kooler), like whats more important than that? His lyrics are incredibly deep and skillful, I heard a song of his and the lyrics went: "ive got so much money I should start a bank" (actual line from song), good on him, staying true to the culture of rap and what its all about; money.