The gaming thread

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
One thing that has totally pissed me off is people on my team killing me intentionally because what? I'm new and not ranked very high? Wow, what an impressive thing to do to prove how good you must be at games.
Welcome to XBox gaming.

jarrod839

Banned
Im a massive gears of war fan and being really looking forward to gears 4 but for what ive seen so far its looking disappointing.

Skyrim remaster is sounding good.

Battlefield 1, titanfall 2 and horizion zero dawn im excited about.

Call of Duty can get fucked.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Days Gone looks to be up my alley
Yeah, definitely. Have to say I am a big fan of the survivalism style direction that a lot of games are going. Though many have tried, few have got it right so far.

On the note of survivalist, I'm really looking forward to scrap mechanic. It looks like so much fun but I fear I'm not of the engineers mindset enough to be any good at it.

I've been playing a bit of overwatch recently. Highly recommend it. So good.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Do you need to have online mates to play this or can you just jump in a la call of duty style and still have fun?
Nah it's still loads of fun without friends. Because the matches are short and fast paced if you're getting smashed by the other team it'll be over pretty quickly anyway so it's not really a big loss.

The main thing I have been learning is that team balance is super important. You have to play characters that are good counters to the enemy team. If your team isn't balanced and aren't really working together then it can be frustrating as its nearly impossible to carry a team by yourself. Like in COD you can pretty much carry a team in a death match situation if you're quick and accurate, but the characters are so balanced and require a balanced team and co-operative play that you can't just play a tank and carry everyone.

IMO the game is great fun because it's so fast paced, has such interesting characters that vary so differently, and the games go by quick enough that you don't feel like you have to change server or leave the game when you're getting rekt.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Do you guys (console players) trade your games? Do you sell them once you're finished to someone else or just leave them in your pile? I'd be happy to arrange some sort of system in this thread where we can discuss trading games with each other but it'd need to stay out of the rest of the forum as people would get really upset about it and tell their Mum's. Anyone keen on trying something like that?

I mentioned I'm enjoying Dirt and haven't played it for a week but came back yesterday and did the daily challenges. It showed me how many credits I'd won for the times I'd set and two trophies popped saying I'd gone top tier in two categories. I checked the times and I was in the top ten in both. Look out GT academy! ;)

Shredden

Knows his goats
How the fuck do you charge a PS4 controller without plugging it into the actual console?

The controller has shithouse battery life, and its no fun trying to play with it plugged into a 1 meter long lead sitting right in front of the TV haha.

For some reason my apple wall to USB adapter doesn't seem to charge it?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
How the fuck do you charge a PS4 controller without plugging it into the actual console?

The controller has shithouse battery life, and its no fun trying to play with it plugged into a 1 meter long lead sitting right in front of the TV haha.

For some reason my apple wall to USB adapter doesn't seem to charge it?
I use one of these https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-con...tation-4-dualshock-4-charging-station/319093/ I charge it between plays but also have an Ebay 3m cord to use during play. It's shit and works randomly. I have a second controller that is always charged though so I'm never left in the middle of a game without a charged controller.
The 1m cord they supply baffles me. Their warnings say to sit as far away as you can yet they give you that cord! Der..............

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think I'm gonna buy Doom today, feel like senselessly blasting away at things tonight
I played the demo over the weekend, it is just a brutal shoot-all shooter! The frame rate is amazing though, it processes so much stuff all at once and looks amazing. I liked the simple controls and simple storyline but I reckon it'd be a game I'd play for a weekend then ditch it.

I played the demo over the weekend, it is just a brutal shoot-all shooter! The frame rate is amazing though, it processes so much stuff all at once and looks amazing. I liked the simple controls and simple storyline but I reckon it'd be a game I'd play for a weekend then ditch it.
I have fond memories of the original, and of quake, wolfenstein etc

Sometimes I just feel like a good ol fashioned pew pew session, I do understand where you are coming from though.

mtn_bike_geek

Super Moderator
DOOM is amazing, simply put. Yes, it's a mindless shooter on one hand, but on the other it gets quite intense and involved!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have fond memories of the original, and of quake, wolfenstein etc

Sometimes I just feel like a good ol fashioned pew pew session, I do understand where you are coming from though.
I'm pretty keen to see what the new Quake is like, I liked that as an original too. What was another similar shooter of that vintage called: Heretic? Something like that? It had sorcery and some other shit in it, that was cool.

DOOM is amazing, simply put. Yes, it's a mindless shooter on one hand, but on the other it gets quite intense and involved!
The level in the demo was pretty intense, especially when the demons jump up and scare the bollocks of you and that is on a daylight level. I imagine the indoor and night time stuff would be fairly cool.

jarrod839

Banned
Doom took me 13 hours on medium difficulty to finish. Currently on my 2nd play through on nightmare, trying to master it before i attempt ultra nightmare.

Multiplayer is good cause its old skool but gets boring quick.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Codemaster's released an update for Dirt. I installed it, started a daily challenge and nope, no steering using my wheel! It turns out the update has fully fried the capability of Thrustmaster wheels and cannot be played until a patch arrives to fix it. Fuck! It could be three months away!
In other news, I've had enough of the online of Rainbow Six Siege. That game is loaded with team killers and ruined it for me. I've played the most I can of the solo stuff so I guess that's the game cooked!

indica

Serial flasher
Installed a 2 tb drive in my PS4 today. Back up and running within an hour. Installed 320 gig of games in 10 minutes...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Almost tempted to bite the bullet and upgrade my 360 to the Xbox one. With the new one S due for release at $549 with 2tb Hdd it's looking pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk