The gaming thread

will2

Likes Dirt
Dusted off the 360 after my mate told me to. Chucked in Black Ops 2 and away we went. Smashing n00bs left right and centre. I played so much of this and it's all still there.
Anyone keen to play with me? I need friends. :behindsofa:

On another note does anyone have an Xbox 360 controller I could buy for cheap? Gumtree hasn't been much help.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Dusted off the 360 after my mate told me to. Chucked in Black Ops 2 and away we went. Smashing n00bs left right and centre. I played so much of this and it's all still there.
I am the oppoite. Got back into csgo. Nothing like cs when I last played it. It's taken about2 weeks to get to repectable levels. Mind you this is a 7 year hiatus.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
I am the oppoite. Got back into csgo. Nothing like cs when I last played it. It's taken about2 weeks to get to repectable levels. Mind you this is a 7 year hiatus.
Yep, did the same haha, went to CSGO after maybe 10 years hiatus playing source, got fking smashed by everyone lol

Ended up deleting and going back to fallout 4

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Knocked this up the other day for the kids (maybe not just the kids...)PS4. Prototype to get geometry right, then I'll make a pretty one.
Much better than clamping to the coffee table.
Wheel is Logitech G29, playing Project Cars and F1 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan

Eats Squid
Knocked this up the other day for the kids (maybe not just the kids...)PS4. Prototype to get geometry right, then I'll make a pretty one.
Much better than clamping to the coffee table.
Wheel is Logitech G29, playing Project Cars and F1 2015.
I'm not sure the safety cell is up to spec mate.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found my old PS1 and controllers in special Sony PS carry bag and a selection of games. Worth anything or more e-waste?

kwikee

Likes Dirt
POSM: G29 is PS4 spec, switchable to PS3 and PC.
No adapters due to the different option and home buttons. Pricks.
G29 is pretty good value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'm kicking Dark Souls 3's ass at the moment.

Great game, and everything I wanted Dark Souls 2 to be but wasn't.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm kicking Dark Souls 3's ass at the moment.

Great game, and everything I wanted Dark Souls 2 to be but wasn't.
There's so mucg great press for that game just now, I haven't seen a bad thing about it.

Anybody playing The Division and have an opinion? I'm at level twelve and about level six in the dark zone and am just about over it. It's a very well built game but Every mission is very similar to the previous mission. I'm hoping that staying with it will produce better story driven stuff in the campaign. The multiplayer open world aspect of the dark zone is great but the rogue thing is fucking crap and keeps me from doing the Dark Zone stuff. Some of the character ability and upgrade mechanics are a bit all over the shop but it's just a matter of understanding them in their place I guess. Any thoughts?

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Anybody playing The Division and have an opinion? I'm at level twelve and about level six in the dark zone and am just about over it. It's a very well built game but Every mission is very similar to the previous mission. I'm hoping that staying with it will produce better story driven stuff in the campaign. The multiplayer open world aspect of the dark zone is great but the rogue thing is fucking crap and keeps me from doing the Dark Zone stuff. Some of the character ability and upgrade mechanics are a bit all over the shop but it's just a matter of understanding them in their place I guess. Any thoughts?
I've got over 140 hours logged in the PC version. The single player game is fun at first but as you've found the missions are very cut and paste, and with only 4 enemy types it gets old quick. Honestly one or two of the missions ahead of you are cool but you've seen most of it already.
I like it because it's a bit of a cross between Quake, WoW and Diablo for me - fairly simple online multiplayer co-op gameplay with lots of random loot. I've got a half dozen other people I group with regularly for challenge mode dailies and hard mode incursion plus an hour or two each night in the DZ.
Yeah the hackers in the DZ are a pain in the ass and I've logged off early some nights due to griefing but that's maybe 1 night in 5. Otherwise either running solo or in a group grinding out the levels I'm still enjoying it, but yes it's a repetitive loot grind.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've got over 140 hours logged in the PC version. The single player game is fun at first but as you've found the missions are very cut and paste, and with only 4 enemy types it gets old quick. Honestly one or two of the missions ahead of you are cool but you've seen most of it already.
I like it because it's a bit of a cross between Quake, WoW and Diablo for me - fairly simple online multiplayer co-op gameplay with lots of random loot. I've got a half dozen other people I group with regularly for challenge mode dailies and hard mode incursion plus an hour or two each night in the DZ.
Yeah the hackers in the DZ are a pain in the ass and I've logged off early some nights due to griefing but that's maybe 1 night in 5. Otherwise either running solo or in a group grinding out the levels I'm still enjoying it, but yes it's a repetitive loot grind.
Gotcha, thanks for your view on it. Based on that, I reckon I'll shelve it so I can thoroughly finish Fallout 4 and go back to playing The Witcher.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Gotcha, thanks for your view on it. Based on that, I reckon I'll shelve it so I can thoroughly finish Fallout 4 and go back to playing The Witcher.
yep, if you want solid, quality single player action I reckon you'll have made the right choice there.

Ghostee

Likes Dirt
I am enjoying division when I play with mates, solo play missions become long winded and a little tedious and repetitve, and I'm only level 11!!
initial trailers for the game hyped it up so much that I had such high expectations for it which it just hasn't delivered on. maybe if I wasn't so pumped for it to come out after waiting so long, it would've been more satisfying...

Maybe we can get a mass did crew together and fuck shit up in the Dz?

Minlak

custom titis
I am enjoying division when I play with mates, solo play missions become long winded and a little tedious and repetitve, and I'm only level 11!!
initial trailers for the game hyped it up so much that I had such high expectations for it which it just hasn't delivered on. maybe if I wasn't so pumped for it to come out after waiting so long, it would've been more satisfying...

Maybe we can get a mass did crew together and fuck shit up in the Dz?
Glenn Fiedler, a seasoned online FPS dev who has worked with Respawn, Sony and Pandemic, took a closer look at the nature of The Division's hacks and exploits to see if they could be fixed. According to Fiedler, Ubisoft will likely have to completely rewrite its netcode to fix the game.

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/

Just saying