The gaming thread

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Battlefront has got my interest piqued....

I'm kinda over low numbers in matchmaking for BF4 on my 360 so I had a look at EB games and JB to compare the new Xbox one console deals
JB has a pretty good deal for 1tb console with 5 games for 599 (halo 5, fallout 4, just cause, and 2 others I can't remember)
I don't have the time to invest in fallout as I only get limited time to play.
JB not into swapping titles unless it's all for kids games (g & Pg rated only)

EB has a 1tb forza console $499 (blue one with DL copy of Forza) halo 5 and fallout 4 but happy to swap out for battlefront for $10 extra.

Both also have a tomb raider 1tb for $449 with new and previous Lara Croft game, I've already finished the older one on 360.

What does the brainstrust think? Or seen a better deal elsewhere I've not thought of?

I'll probably grab a preowned bf4 also

Battlefront is good but limited maps without the DLC stuff. Which is like $70 or something crazy.... But it looks/sounds *fucking amazing*. If you like that chaotic big map stuff it's good. Oh but if you're not on Gold *don't bother with Battlefront*, there's very small amount of solo stuff and no campain.
and JSYK the DL of Forza is about 50gigs (maybe more i don't recall). And it's kinda dull... We've got the Forza console just for 6...it's got a few hours in it, the inability to choose which races you want to do sucks. Horizon 2 is massively better than Forza6. There's really limited selection of tracks in 6, but the day/night/sun/rain is nice. Overall it's meh.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I only get car games so if someone comes around and wants to have a play with limited gaming skills then there is something most people can go alright at.

Battlefront would mainly be for geek out factor and MP, I'm a huge fan of the massive maps of BF4 conquest and rush modes, so Battlefront should slot in nicely while being a little more arcadey than a proper FPS.

Halo 5 just because I've played them all since CE and like the story and MP modes.... Even liked reach and ODST ;)

Tomb raider I liked the last game a lot, something different than the OG games and graphically was very good.

FO4.... I dunno, too much time to invest & zombies/mass gore are just are not my thing. The world does sound massive though and what I've seen looks good... Just Give me a tactical shooter working with a squad any day and I'm happy!

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Find or buy a combat shotgun ASAP for dealing with close range critters, and mod the hell out of it:evil:
+1, I bought one from a vendor at one of my settlements for around 600 caps. 55 damage and an 8 shot magazine makes enemies go splat. Great fun. And for that true Max Payne experience pop a Jet first then see blood fly.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
I only get car games so if someone comes around and wants to have a play with limited gaming skills then there is something most people can go alright at.

Battlefront would mainly be for geek out factor and MP, I'm a huge fan of the massive maps of BF4 conquest and rush modes, so Battlefront should slot in nicely while being a little more arcadey than a proper FPS.

Halo 5 just because I've played them all since CE and like the story and MP modes.... Even liked reach and ODST ;)

Tomb raider I liked the last game a lot, something different than the OG games and graphically was very good.

FO4.... I dunno, too much time to invest & zombies/mass gore are just are not my thing. The world does sound massive though and what I've seen looks good... Just Give me a tactical shooter working with a squad any day and I'm happy!
Highly recommend Battlefront then. You do get limited adjustability with your cards (never played battlefield so dunno how that works) and weapons. There's several different races to choose from too. And playing as Boba Fett....just..win...
I would say if you're not into racing choose a non Forza bone. 6 is really not good for sitting down to play for 30 mins-1hr. Better off grabbing Horizon 2. Much more limited in your car customization but loads easier to drive. The map is pretty decently sized for just cruising around too. The Crew was okay for mmorg and NFS Rivals was good too (but i think that's 360).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Being level 10 in FO4 sucks balls when you are used to being a much higher level in FO3.

Running from bloodwings, bloatflies and mongrel dogs is so demeaning.
Hahaha, I'm hearing ya. ;) In the lower ranks, I'm finding it advantageous to crest a rise hidden and hit VATS just to scope what's in the immediate area and snipe the fucker if it's not legendary. I did have a fist pump moment when I scoped a legendary Super Mutant and dropped him with three head shots all outside of VATS.

Apparently, Star Wars 1313 isn't dead and buried! I really hoped this game happened as it was just what I wanted. Think open world like Grand Theft Auto, Fallout etc but in the Star Wars universe. Imagine if it was like Mass Effect! Game of the ever!

Ok, I've modded up a combat shotty, just need some more shells for it

Next I might work on some armour, :Level 11 and I'm wearing raider metal armour on the legs and arms and rocking some white undies !!!

All I can say is it must be mighty cold out there in the wastelands, either that or my guy is a little bit frightened

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Hahaha, I'm hearing ya. ;) In the lower ranks, I'm finding it advantageous to crest a rise hidden and hit VATS just to scope what's in the immediate area and snipe the fucker if it's not legendary. I did have a fist pump moment when I scoped a legendary Super Mutant and dropped him with three head shots all outside of VATS.

Apparently, Star Wars 1313 isn't dead and buried! I really hoped this game happened as it was just what I wanted. Think open world like Grand Theft Auto, Fallout etc but in the Star Wars universe. Imagine if it was like Mass Effect! Game of the ever!
Holly schnitzel! I had never seen/heard about that before.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and DEAR GOD please Disney finish that game!!!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Anyone know if I can port/carry over my BF4 premium from 360 to Xbox 1? I think spent close to $80 on top of the OG game to become a premium member & get all the maps etc as they come out. Hope I don't have to pay a second time around if I upgrade the console.

sammyboy

Cannon Fodder
Anyone know if I can port/carry over my BF4 premium from 360 to Xbox 1? I think spent close to $80 on top of the OG game to become a premium member & get all the maps etc as they come out. Hope I don't have to pay a second time around if I upgrade the console.
you can transfer your account only once from 360 to xbone. cant go PS to xbox

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone else finding the battlefront servers are almost always empty?

Where are the hoards of people playing?

indica

Serial flasher
FO4... how good is that?
Nothing like smashing Ghouls with a machete or blasting a Mutant with a missile.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Apart from the Easter-egg reproduction of a certain bar which is probably even greater fan-service/pandering than the new Star Wars film, the new ghouls are the best thing about Fallout 4. The pricks might be easy to kill but they can swarm you quicker than those clipboard weilding, charity spruiking backpacker cunts who infest every major shopping strip in australia!

Also, for the record, I haven't touched Fallout for a month. When I last went back to work I was Level 42 (not the band) with an arsenal off unique weapons that would put even the most OCD Trump-voting militia member to shame and I reckon I'd barely touched 50% of the map.

Looking back, it's obvious. Fallout 4 is relatively amateurishly made. It's readily available, It claims fucking weeks off your life. You have to deal with a lot of people who are usually covered in boils and have the skin complexion of your average 3-day old chicken tandoori pizza.

It's pretty much electric meth.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I bought Star Wars Battlefront. It is a fair saving on the Playstation store just now so yeah, I got myself a little pressie. ;) I'll hopefully have a game tonight.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I've been giving BF4 on 360 a workout with the impending change to Xbox One. I'm hoping I don't have to start again, as I've just cracked level 50 and have some pretty nice kit setups going on.

Apart from the Easter-egg reproduction of a certain bar which is probably even greater fan-service/pandering than the new Star Wars film, the new ghouls are the best thing about Fallout 4. The pricks might be easy to kill but they can swarm you quicker than those clipboard weilding, charity spruiking backpacker cunts who infest every major shopping strip in australia!
Should have been the Titty Twister

I think an opportunity has been missed in regards to V.A.T.S., shooting Ghoulies in the ghoulies would never get old

"football in the groin, football in the groin"

[video=youtube_share;5mYfi62SRzw]https://youtu.be/5mYfi62SRzw[/video]