The gaming thread

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
BF3/BF4 on PC here. Username: Cargon_Diez
Longest headshot on BF3 with the M98B was 1134m - dude was camped on a hill in one of the armoured assault maps. I got accused of hacking straight after. :p

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BF3/BF4 on PC here. Username: Cargon_Diez
Longest headshot on BF3 with the M98B was 1134m - dude was camped on a hill in one of the armoured assault maps. I got accused of hacking straight after. :p
Thought you were dead. Nice to see you around.

Fish90

Likes Dirt
I like need for speed underground. I think it's really cool how u can customize the cars. I drive a skyline in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Err. Not sure where to put this.

I have an xBox 360 that needs servicing. Can anyone recommend a person/business who does this. If you think you can service it yourself (and you live in inner Sydney) please PM with your costs.

My xbox has been languishing in a box while I moved a few places. I recently got wifi at home so I decided to take the xbox out and have a go. Because it is reasonably old and has never been connected to the internet it asked me to update. Except that halfway through the update my harddrive died (red ring of death). I got a new harddrive but all the update files are on the old harddrive so we are at an impasse.

I tried downloading the update on a usb stick but I'm pretty sure I downloaded the wrong update - I can't really tell as the support site is a little confusing. Anyhow it didn't work.

Please help :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Err. Not sure where to put this.

I have an xBox 360 that needs servicing. Can anyone recommend a person/business who does this. If you think you can service it yourself (and you live in inner Sydney) please PM with your costs.

My xbox has been languishing in a box while I moved a few places. I recently got wifi at home so I decided to take the xbox out and have a go. Because it is reasonably old and has never been connected to the internet it asked me to update. Except that halfway through the update my harddrive died (red ring of death). I got a new harddrive but all the update files are on the old harddrive so we are at an impasse.

I tried downloading the update on a usb stick but I'm pretty sure I downloaded the wrong update - I can't really tell as the support site is a little confusing. Anyhow it didn't work.

Please help :)
Oh bugger, the dreaded red ring of death. :\
My best advice is to do it genuinely through Xbox. I've had some times in the past where my machines have failed and I've tried two avenues: One is genuine servicing and the other is a self certified technician. The latter is shit and I cannot recommend it in any way. Genuine all the way for me.
As for your predicament, I'm almost positive that your data is gone if your machine has cooked itself. In saying that, I would almost guarantee it'd be cheaper to buy a new machine rather than pay for the service required.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
The most recent update of this game really brought it to a new level. The Aussie servers are always full too which is nice.

Has anyone else noticed that this game appears to be populated with more mature players compared to other FPS's?
I haven't played in a couple weeks... been playing a little ARMA for a change of pace.
I got sick of all the newbies on Insurgency letting the team down, so I thought I'd take some time off and give them time to get good. :p

As for the player base being more mature, I dunno... depends on the server and time of day I guess.
I get so tired of all the kids spamming the mic at the end of the rounds with ear bleeding shit.

I have to mute at least half the server every time I play.
Nobody has anything worthwhile to say while playing regarding enemy location or any tactical information, they just reserve it for spamming bullshit at the end.

What name do you play under?

I'm h.IV+[Ezkaton], normally only play in the Aus-ZM #1 FF and FP server... I only really like those two game modes, though the intel/CTF style one and some VIP is okay to mix things up - depending on the map.

Most of the 'Faber Castell' guys (||| FC |||) are pretty good dudes as well.
MinuteVariance, PencilPushingSOB, Wokatoo, etc... if you've seen them around.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
What name do you play under?
All my online persona's are "Grimzentide"... Forums, Steam, Playstation, etc.

I haven't had to mute players for quite some time which is nice...

Recently I have been playing a lot of Payday 2 and attempting to get a number of achievements.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
All my online persona's are "Grimzentide"... Forums, Steam, Playstation, etc.

I haven't had to mute players for quite some time which is nice...

Recently I have been playing a lot of Payday 2 and attempting to get a number of achievements.
I'll keep an eye out, might add you to Steam when I get home from work.
Another reason I'm avoiding the game at the moment is school holidays... always attracts an influx of idiots. :)

Didn't mind Payday 2, though the animations and stealth systems still need a bit of work.
Maybe the third game (if they make one) will get it right.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
I'll keep an eye out, might add you to Steam when I get home from work.
Another reason I'm avoiding the game at the moment is school holidays... always attracts an influx of idiots. :)

Didn't mind Payday 2, though the animations and stealth systems still need a bit of work.
Maybe the third game (if they make one) will get it right.
It will be interesting to see if their walking dead game fixes a few of these issues.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Oh... you've only played 36 hours of Insurgency.

Hope you're not one of those players that sits around with a bolt action missing every shot while the whole team watches you ignore the objectives. :p

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Oh... you've only played 36 hours of Insurgency.

Hope you're not one of those players that sits around with a bolt action missing every shot while the whole team watches you ignore the objectives. :p
Nah I prefer to capture objectives and not really worry about my K:D ratio.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Nah I prefer to capture objectives and not really worry about my K:D ratio.
That's good, haha... after playing over 360 hours I get real frustrated when I rush the popular chokepoints where both teams 'meet', thinking I have teammate backup... only to get killed (if I'm unlucky) and spend the next 5 minutes watching my team sit around doing nothing. :)

Another thing that makes me sad is how many people vote for maps like Peak, Sinjar and Buhriz... purely so they can set up their tents and snipe.

Shame, 'cause the game works best in urban environments, like District and Market... well, and Ministry, even though it's not really 'urban' so much as a big ass building.

Weird how so many dislike Ministry actually, considering it's one of the few truly balanced maps in the game, being almost symmetrical on both sides and all.

I play dota 2.... Used to play everyday for 3 to 5 hours LOL, but since I've became self employed I play once a day.

Anyone else plays?? Lol

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
No DotA for me... been getting back into ARMA III lately though. :)

Something about large scale military combat that does it for me... just a shame it can be a bit glitchy/buggy/problematic/clunky/awkward in close quarter situations due to the game engine.

Mid to long range infantry combat is great though, using the terrain to cover your approach and movements, etc.
Vehicles are fun too, but choppers are my thing!

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
It is very hard for me to play the arma series with my levels of colourblindness. I love the style, complexity and open world, but I just cant see the enemies. :(

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
I'm not really a fan of mil sims tbh. I played the free version of arma and didn't really enjoy it, and also played insurgency but didn't really enjoy the sim aspect of it.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just smashed out a lan weekend with the boys. 14 straight hours of the classics: CS, unreal tournament, warcraft, starcraft, dota and a little quake. Had some xbox running NBA, forza and street fighter and possibly some topless waitresses and endless beer and bbq. Woke up next morning to shred slowly haha.

With all these steam games, it's pretty hard to do lan parties anymore without a connection. The lan party has died.