The gaming thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Far out, I get to around 150 on each gun then park it until I've decided which one I prefer my my favorite loadouts. That's committed mate!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My best is on battlefeild bad company 2 - longest head-shot 497m with an m24. (total time using just that gun: 76h 12m 31s) :faint2:
I'm 700 odd metres on operation firestorm in BF3 with the M98B. Pays to use a PC, much easier to aim :thumb:. Still a mega fluke shot.

A friend of mine is ranked in the top 0% of snipers for BF3 on PS3. His K/D is like 7:1 and can knock headshots out at 400m in his first shot every time. It's fucked.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BFBC2 Weapon stats (PC)

Name Time Kills Headshots
PP-2000 Avtomat 35h 59m 33s 3160 512
MG36 48h 04m 28s 2170 527
M416 32h 29m 47s 1556 322
M24 Sniper 63h 08m 15s 1458 732
AKS-74U Krinkov 28h 49m 24s 1203 267
M9 Pistol 09h 42m 06s 945 183

Last edited:

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 700 odd metres on operation firestorm in BF3 with the M98B.
My longest so far is 1,049m on BF4. Haven't played in quite a while, but I'm keen to try and hit a 1,500m shot. There's just never players that far away from the action :mmph:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My longest so far is 1,049m on BF4. Haven't played in quite a while, but I'm keen to try and hit a 1,500m shot. There's just never players that far away from the action :mmph:

Fuck a duck, surely you'd have to get someone to sit still for you to pull that off? Imagine the range you'd have to adjust for; the guy you're aiming at would be two full screens down.

Is anyone playing Elder Scrolls online on PC? I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series and did 100% finish Skyrim. I'm very disappointed that the next installment in the series is an online only version and I doubt I'll get too interested in it. I have heard that their is an Elder Scrolls six coming and is just a pure single player game but who knows? That'd surely be a few years away and we'd like to have seen Fallout 4 before that.
Speaking of Fallout 4, a source has said it may be revealed at E3. Fingers crossed!

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck a duck, surely you'd have to get someone to sit still for you to pull that off? Imagine the range you'd have to adjust for; the guy you're aiming at would be two full screens down.
Haha nah, it was completely legit! They were sitting still for the most part though.
It's not too hard to get super long range shots on people camping in their spawns. It's pretty easy in BF4 as you can zero in your scope, so you just go to 1,000m and readjust from there.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's not too hard to get super long range shots on people camping in their spawns. It's pretty easy in BF4 as you can zero in your scope, so you just go to 1,000m and readjust from there.
Yep, true. The rangefinder is pretty bloody useful. Are you using a bipod or just holding?
Somehow, I got a head shot on a guy from a helicopter when I jumped out as the chopper was going down. No shit, I managed to mash a button and hit fire and it put a bullet into a guy who was waiting for a vehicle on his aircraft carrier. I messaged the car and told him and he was dumb founded and didn't believe me. He said something about my Mum and some bad words so I bailed out.

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, true. The rangefinder is pretty bloody useful. Are you using a bipod or just holding?
Somehow, I got a head shot on a guy from a helicopter when I jumped out as the chopper was going down. No shit, I managed to mash a button and hit fire and it put a bullet into a guy who was waiting for a vehicle on his aircraft carrier. I messaged the car and told him and he was dumb founded and didn't believe me. He said something about my Mum and some bad words so I bailed out.
It's super useful. I'm constantly pulling it out while sniping. Yeah that was with a bipod and 40x scope. Usually I just run the 8-14x variable zoom scope with no bipod and that's perfectly fine for shots up to 500-600m. Can't see much beyond that haha!

That's the best part of Battlefield! All those crazy fluke shots you manage to pull off. Oddly satisfying knowing you'll probably never do it again

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'll keep an eye on that page, looks like some good stuff.

Watch Dogs next week, pretty excited for this one!
I bettered my longest headshot on BF4 last week; 530m. It was a guy laying down on an aircraft carrier, I potted one shot and wham! I was pretty chuffed, he came after me on a jet ski and tried to do the stealth attack on the small island I was hanging out on but he didn't know of the C4 I'd planted in anticipation. Bham! He wasn't happy!

scblack

Leucocholic
Guys, anywhere cheap to get the Lego Hobbit game? I haven't come across it used yet, so anywhere possible to pay less than $75? WAY less.......?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I've been playing Dark Souls this last 2 weeks or rather it's been playing me.

Farkin hell it's brutal. So many occasions i've had a couple of hours of pain and suffering erased in a matter of seconds, sending me back to square one yet i keep coming back for more :crazy:

And that's just trying to get from A to B. The boss fights are a whole 'nother world of hurt!

taquar

Likes Dirt
Wolfenstein: The New Order came out today, it's definitely fun. Graphics are nice and the mechanics are nearly spot on. I'm impressed.