The Fixie Thread

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
Watch a few Pro's doin skids!!!!!

Many lean forward.....watched Charges fixed vids.....they do it.....

And sissy skids are awesome......and I'm not a hipster......you are for doing man skids!!!!

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Please... no more!! More about the bikes and less about the people who ride them!!

I had a good ride on the weekend with some of the Canberra crew, met up in town... ride to some indoor rock climbing, then to a pub, then about 40kms around town which included a cross country bash through some grassy ovals. I need to get some pics off my camera.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
I changed my gearing from 50-19 to 51-19 lastnight because i was putting a new chain on and thought id live on the edge and try something new.
I also got new Time cleats lastnight. 2 sets for $40, what a bargain.

finally back riding to work this week. Even though its been pretty chilly, im more than enjoying it.

some photos for good measure:

Ozchuck

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any good ideas on how to up the gear inches on my SE Lager?
Interweb research suggests the rear cog might be hard to replace...
What about the front one?

I've done about 400k's on this bike, would I need to replace the chain at the same time, or should it be ok?

kjparker

Likes Dirt

I've done about 400k's on this bike, would I need to replace the chain at the same time, or should it be ok?
Why would it be any harder than any other bike?

RCOH

Eats Squid

Get a bigger chainring.

400km is nothing, esp if your chain line is straight, chain will be fine.

edit: SE lagers just come with 'formula' hubs which are standard threading. So just buy a new cog, it will be cheaper than a new ring.

Last edited:

Girth Brooks

Likes Bikes
So I had a frame and fork coming the mail , so I went and bought wheels and cranks and a BB . Now my frame and fork isnt coming. So I'm stuck with the rest . If anyone is on the hunt for cheap shit , hit me up.