The Fixie Thread

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
To put the whole bike shop free stuff thing in perspective, it's definitely where you go..
At Hell on Wheels they do free wheel builds if you buy just the rim and the hub.. So they'll provide the spokes free, and the wheel build, by one of the best builders in Australia!
is there some wheel building competition to find out who is actually australias best wheel builder?
its almost like every shop has 'one of australias best wheel builders' working for them.

RCOH

Eats Squid
My LBS has the best wheel builder. He just uses one spoke for each wheel. Carbon bladed spoke for road race wheels, double butted for road training wheels, straight guage for mtb. My set is straight as a die after two years of insane freeriding and street fixing.

fuck y'all, all y'all.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Argument over, Australia's best wheelbuilder....take a look at his career history if you don't believe;)

Girth Brooks

Likes Bikes
I have do disagree with however said shops dont make much money on parts. Mark up on parts in Sydney is crazy and it's no limited to just bike parts either.

Jaumet

Likes Dirt
From - "Pedal" (documentary on NY messenger)

"It like beckons you... Anybody who has like anything with two wheels wakes up in the morning and say's "I don't beleive you" (Pointing at bicycle) - "You make me tired" - This can't be, "i could ride this, you could ride this, your friend could ride this and his friend could ride this and it would never tire"... It's evil...

Fixed gears are especially evil, they never even wanna coast... :cool::D