The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sukumaran and Chan are dead, they just don't know it yet. I hope that the aftermath is for momentum to build internationally in bringing Indonesia to task for it's corrupt and barbarous actions. A concerted international squeeze on them until they drop the death penalty would send a strong message to the rest of S-E Asia.
An apology for the Balibo Five and Roger East would be a nice sweetener. Then hopefully we could ante up with a few other nations and bully them to cease and desist in West Papua.
What would be there for our government to claim rights to in west papua? We don't exactly have a reputation for liberating parts of Indonesia out of good will...

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I can. They have turned out to be very nasty people. Arguing against the findings is one thing but to go after Triggs in this manner is just fucked up.
Yeah, but what do they hope to gain out of it? The report is already out, and it is equally critical of the previous gov't. Are they hoping that besmirching her will reduce the validity of the findings? Or is it just vengeance for daring to be critical? I don't get the motivation.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yeah, but what do they hope to gain out of it? The report is already out, and it is equally critical of the previous gov't. Are they hoping that besmirching her will reduce the validity of the findings? Or is it just vengeance for daring to be critical? I don't get the motivation.
He who shouts the loudest is the rightist. At least that's my wife's theory.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's also because the report undermines a key LNP policy that they do not want the public to turn on as it is currently allowing them to hold some key electorates.

Bermshot

Banned
So I informed the populace in the near vicinity of me of, navel-gazing. I didn't call in the 'filth that speaks for us" aspect, rather, asking people "why do you navel-gaze?" This brought me into inter hilarity. Nice one johnny!!!

Of course be sure when you decide to ramp it up that you have some percussion (return answers) before you pull ^ question.

Being a bit sadistic helps, it's amazeballs when their eyes toggle and you stand peering until they re-boot, funny shit.

Any fluff in there?

scblack

Leucocholic
WTF does the office need a $2k+ kitchen appliance for?? What a bloody waste..
To a degree I can understand.

He is entertaining dignatories and other high ranking officials from other countries etc. This is one of Australia's highest ranking officials providing them with refreshment.

I do not think a waffle maker would give them food of the quality our visiting dignatories deserve.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Govt house does a lot of public entertaining. I've been there a number of time with about 150 others each time. It opens to the public numerous times per year, it's used to honour members of the public that do outstanding stuff, etc. etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To a degree I can understand.

He is entertaining dignatories and other high ranking officials from other countries etc. This is one of Australia's highest ranking officials providing them with refreshment.

I do not think a waffle maker would give them food of the quality our visiting dignatories deserve.
I suspect there would be some domestic staff or specialty contractors in such a situation...I just can't imagine Cosgrove in the kitchen working his thermomix to prep up bully beef.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Govt house does a lot of public entertaining. I've been there a number of time with about 150 others each time. It opens to the public numerous times per year, it's used to honour members of the public that do outstanding stuff, etc. etc.
Does Peter's thermomix warranty covers such commercial activity? He will be a busy boy.

floody

Wheel size expert
Going to be hard to fit all the thermomix parties into that schedule. I guess it will be useful for dips and risotto.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The new model Thermomix due out in 2016 will also be able to confer knighthoods and make it's own Captain's calls.