The Astrix has started

safreek

Do not have the chain as tight as possible.

its not a single speed so as soon as you chainge gears its gonna change.

Chain tension is decided by the deraillier not chain length.

Sick valve caps btw. And fuck that xt bb is cheap!
You can have the caps if you want, presta garbage. Just bought them to make the order over 99bucks

safreek

If he's not grabbing it then I will. Would be handy to have a spare 30t. I've got a 34t in gold if you want it, $10 posted will do the job if gold is your thing.For the most part, you won't need it. Narrow wides are like magic, they hold a chain in a way that seem to defy physics. But if you get enthusiastic on bumpy stuff and pedal a bit much, you will lose them from time to time.

Check out the cheapo top guides on eBay, top is all you need for chain retention, top and taco if you want to look more rad...
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/122923302771

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, gold is a cool colour to me, money transferred just now

safreek

So, should I go saint MX 80 pedals or the brand new in box meathooks,
Meathooks $60+ post, saint mx 80s for 74 posted, they are new as well.
Any dramas with any of these pedals.
Need help soon, need to buy pedals this week, need to look tuff and be cheapish. Nobody got any syncros metal race out there

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a lot of hate on the forum for Saint pedals. I have ridden on them (friend's bike) and they seemed just fine. No idea about the meat hooks except they look savage, so you should stick to them.

safreek

Money has been payed, meathooks got it. Nobody would sell me the mental race that I really wanted.
Apparently the saints are concave which I think would shit me after a while. I was talking the old saints not the flash ones.
Why do they call it a flat if it is concave.
Also to be honest I missed your replies somehow. At least they are proper flat
Screenshot_20180829-190502.jpeg

safreek

Screenshot_20180831-112332.jpeg
OK, ring just arrived, thanky planky.
I feel like I just picked a ticket to the chocolate factory.
If I put it on black cranks does that almost make it a Woolworths branded part, black and gold:).
Still waiting on those bastards from CRC to give me my parts, once that happens the project will be ready to roll. Ordered last Friday and still nothing happening on the tracking, I assume that means its not even in the country yet

safreek

PSSST, wanna see my ring, gave it a bit of a polish to get it shiny for you.
Impressed with my mechanical prowess or what. I did once get a Sherman up and running, should start a bike fixing shop or something.
I have a rather large hammer
Screenshot_20180901-105503.jpeg