The Ashes 2015.....blah

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Stronger side for mine with Marsh and Neville in it. Both Watson and Haddin have been on the slide for a while now.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Selectors maybe have it right this time!

I think that's the last test Haddin will play - he had a shocker and you just can't afford that , though maybe his "personal reasons" were stopping him from concentrating in the last test?
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...-haddin-the-wicketkeeper-20150714-gicg56.html

The article is deliberately vague, while also giving the impression that the writer has a pretty good idea what's going on but has promised to maintain a confidence. If the 'personal issue' is in fact his young daughter, then my heart goes out to him.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...-haddin-the-wicketkeeper-20150714-gicg56.html

The article is deliberately vague, while also giving the impression that the writer has a pretty good idea what's going on but has promised to maintain a confidence. If the 'personal issue' is in fact his young daughter, then my heart goes out to him.
Thx for that, a good read - not a great way to bow out ( if indeed its permanent as seems likely from the tone of the article)

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Thx for that, a good read - not a great way to bow out ( if indeed its permanent as seems likely from the tone of the article)
Agreed, Haddin has been a superb member of the Australian side, and deserves to be able to retire on his own terms. I hope he still gets that opportunity.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Well a great start by Rodgers and Smith. I was in emergency waiting room with my daughter (she is ok) and got to watch the last two hours.
A different position for the English bowlers to be in. Wonder what the pitch will do if anything

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Trying to decide if I should watch anymore.........

Rain......

And if any country would have the experience with rain covers, it would have to be the English - lol, didn't even wait for the umpires, just brought it on I swear

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Trying to decide if I should watch anymore.........

Rain......

And if any country would have the experience with rain covers, it would have to be the English - lol, didn't even wait for the umpires, just brought it on I swear
They have to, loam wickets. A wet fart turns them to soup.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
That didn't last long. If we bowl well we could be batting again by the end of day one.
Edgbaston always brings a close match.
Clarke, your time is up.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
i am very disappointed. English can get runs and wickets and we can get nothing- same pitch and conditions. Chris Rodgers is so good. Vogus left every second ball. Mitch Marsh threw his wicket away. Clarke I feel you are being out captained

Anderson 6 for ?- well done

will2

Likes Dirt
Oh don't mention the Cricket. Clarke's decision to bat was poor I reckon. Damp wicket and overcast.