Ten cars and the type of women they attract

Field

Squid
I'm hearing an awful lot of woulds and coulds but no has or did
That's because they haven't competed against each other, Why are you guys comparing a road car to a race car. It doesn't work. :p

Last edited:

LJohn

Likes Dirt
and the only reason an exige has such brilliant handling is because its small, ridiculously light and a small wheelbase... corners smorners
??? I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

It was designed to handle well, so being small, mid engine, ridiculously light with good geometry is the set of reasons it is great around corners. That's why they're designed like that.

The only reason the Lamborghini is fast is because it's got an engine with high power output. Speed shmeed.

Field

Squid
??? I fail to see the point you are trying to make.

It was designed to handle well, so being small, mid engine, ridiculously light with good geometry is the set of reasons it is great around corners. That's why they're designed like that.

The only reason the Lamborghini is fast is because it's got an engine with high power output. Speed shmeed.
Yeah true, but it's not as if the Lambo can't handle well either, any current Lambo has like 550+ Hp yes? plus that Lambo RGT or whatever is stripped. so it weighs shit all. Exige is still lighter though but it won't touch the Lambo on most tracks unless it's a really twisty tight track. Power to weight Ratio, love that stuff.
(Btw: I am comparing the Exige race car to the Lambo race car.)

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Yeah true, but it's not as if the Lambo can't handle well either, any current Lambo has like 550+ Hp yes? plus that Lambo RGT or whatever is stripped. so it weighs shit all.
Um, no. Lambos are heavy - you can't have all those engine cylinders and Italian flamboyance without a weight penalty.

And 'handling' isn't the first thing that people talk about in regards to lambos. Simply because so many other sports cars handle better.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Yeah true, but it's not as if the Lambo can't handle well either, any current Lambo has like 550+ Hp yes? plus that Lambo RGT or whatever is stripped. so it weighs shit all. Exige is still lighter though but it won't touch the Lambo on most tracks unless it's a really twisty tight track. Power to weight Ratio, love that stuff.
(Btw: I am comparing the Exige race car to the Lambo race car.)
lol, true, hell I'd like either.

But power to weight, the ratios would come quite close I'd imagine.

You can tell I'm a lotus fan.

On another note, I'd also go a GTR. Those things are insane.

dhd

Downhill Direct
Bottom line....Both go way better than any of us mere mortals will ever realistically use so I reckon it comes down to looks.
Exige: Looks nice but a bit try hard in that whole Toyota MR2 kinda fashion.
Lambo: Looks total sex. Would give a dead man a boner.

Field

Squid
Um, no. Lambos are heavy - you can't have all those engine cylinders and Italian flamboyance without a weight penalty.

And 'handling' isn't the first thing that people talk about in regards to lambos. Simply because so many other sports cars handle better.
That Lambo in particular has been completely rebuilt, they ditched the AWD in it I'm pretty sure.(correct me on that on). Stripped it of everything in the interior and replaced every body panel with a carbon fiber equivalent.
At most i reckon it weighs about 1300kg's..which is still pretty heavy actually. :p.
I would definitely take the Exige though, I'm in love with it.

Radical SR8 would eat anything though. :cool:

Beena

BSC Bikes
lol, true, hell I'd like either.

But power to weight, the ratios would come quite close I'd imagine.

You can tell I'm a lotus fan.

On another note, I'd also go a GTR. Those things are insane.
Also a bit of a Lotus fan... Driven a couple of Lambo's and am in love with the Gallardo, great sounding and great looking! Not quite as fast through the Spur as the ol' Lotus, but kills it on the straights.

Mind you, I am a little biased...

Attachments

classic vw minibus
its a house on wheels
best of every thing
ok i know that most would be hippie freaks but i come out the bar and i home a maximum of 2 minute for something to wrong.
i win