Subliminal Messages

Schism

Likes Bikes
I watched a bit of the arias, can't say that I picked up on any subliminal messages. Could be that I missed them, but more possible was the mind numbing speeches and comentary forced my brain into standby mode thus being immune to any brain stimuli! That being said, subliminal messages are illegal so I don't think that any would have been present.

Subliminal message: Buy twisties buy twisties buy twisties buy twisties!!!!!!!!!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
"Flashing pictures on my screen,move to quickly to be seen.Brooklyn
It's propogander of another kind.Lahar
Rape,laughter,scuicide,laughter,murder,laughter,ha ha,ha ha".Buy buy buy
ST.Wrong order ,but it's late.

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
It wasn't some guy lying, from memory it was meant to be a "study", which proved that subliminal advertising worked.

I believe it's been pretty conclusively discredited though, and the original results were written off more as products of other factors such as environmental conditions (hot day etc.) demographic of audience etc.)
My understanding was that it worked but the effects were very short term. Ie you carved pop corn for 30 seconds but if you couldn't get out to the snack bar by then it passed.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
they're farkin with me subliminally

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
On the back of a "remix" album though...
Yeah, and Gotye also getting an award for a re-mix album? What was worng with the original? Is this some sort of lame stab at a bit of credibility for ARIA?

Having said that whe I saw that they were nominating Wolfmother's 'Joker and the Thief' for a best single award I just gave up caring. F***ing song's about a million years old!

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
I'll have a Lahar at cost price thanks. :D

Gronk

Likes Dirt
Just as a small side point... if you saw the said images, they weren't subliminal. The sub part means below, i.e. below the eye's ability to detect, and tv companies can get in big trouble for using subliminal advertising... but if you could see them then it wasn't subliminal, just annoying advertising :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, and Gotye also getting an award for a re-mix album? What was worng with the original? Is this some sort of lame stab at a bit of credibility for ARIA?
Yeap, nothing at all was wrong with the original, ARIA just missed the boat completely last year, and figured that this was probably the best chance they'd get to make up for it.

Kinda like the way Powderfinger have racked up tonnes of those little pyramid things for the bland albums that followed their excellent and little recognised releases.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just as a small side point... if you saw the said images, they weren't subliminal. The sub part means below, i.e. below the eye's ability to detect, and tv companies can get in big trouble for using subliminal advertising... but if you could see them then it wasn't subliminal, just annoying advertising :)
I did realise this but what was I going to put in the title, "Flashes of brand names that I saw and other people may of". Not many people did spot it so I though subliminal would be the best word.

Gronk

Likes Dirt
I did realise this but what was I going to put in the title, "Flashes of brand names that I saw and other people may of". Not many people did spot it so I though subliminal would be the best word.
There is actually a thing about this on JJJ right now, they too are calling it subliminal, but apparently the channel's official response/argument is they are admitting to having it there, but claim the ads were shown long enough to recognise and hence are not subliminal. It's still pretty crappy of them though.

Randy Rhoads

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone find out what ends up happening with that, post it up straight away. In SOSE out teacher was telling us about it and its been banned since like the 80's.

Channel 10 might be in for a pretty big lawsuit. Or maybe they found some kind of loophole in the system?

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the whole thing recorded on my HD recorder, on a 48 inch screen, but I haven't watched it yet, this is going to be fun.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Randy Rhoads

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the whole thing recorded on my HD recorder, on a 48 inch screen, but I haven't watched it yet, this is going to be fun.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.
Send it to channel 10 with a letter claiming your some important investigation company who is considering legal action and see what they say back.;)