Canungra UBD 45 B8 TBC

29 July Kenmore Cycles
John Forbes 3378 0288 Upper Brookfield
DHrd5

18-19 Aug Mackay Cyclopaths
Marcia Eves eves@mackay.net.au Kinchant Dam Resort
Near MACKAY
DH Champs

DH Categories Practice 8am. Last shuttle 11.40am. Lunch 12noon. Racing from 1pm.
Elite men and women. Entry fee $60
Expert (B), Sport (C), Vets, Masters, Senior Hardtail, U19. Entry fee $55
Junior Hardtail, U17 and U15. Entry fee $45

Further information and entry forms are available at www.twowheelpromotions.com.au

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for that leitch, is the Gold Coast MTB Club's race Canungra, or Illinbah??

Anyone know?

Mugger

Senir oMermber
State Series DH Calendar 2007

1 April D’Aguilar Range
Gavin Finlay 3366 0379 Upper Brookfield Rd
UBD 135 R16 DHrd1

29 April
Toowoomba MTB Club
Lindsay@farkin.net Jubilee Park, Withcott end
DHrd2

27 May Bushrangers MTB Club
Gillian Duncan 3378 4606 Maleny – Kenilworth Rd
Sunshine Coast UBD 32 A5 DHrd3

8 July Gold Coast MTB Club
Mark Nerang MTB Centre 5596 2911 Upper Coomera Rd
Canungra UBD 45 B8 TBC

29 July Kenmore Cycles
John Forbes 3378 0288 Upper Brookfield
DHrd5

18-19 Aug Mackay Cyclopaths
Marcia Eves eves@mackay.net.au Kinchant Dam Resort
Near MACKAY
DH Champs

DH Categories Practice 8am. Last shuttle 11.40am. Lunch 12noon. Racing from 1pm.
Elite men and women. Entry fee $60
Expert (B), Sport (C), Vets, Masters, Senior Hardtail, U19. Entry fee $55
Junior Hardtail, U17 and U15. Entry fee $45

Further information and entry forms are available at www.twowheelpromotions.com.au
State champs in Mackay :eek:

custard

Banned
fark, why is illinbah gone... that's such a bummer :(
because its a overgrown flat piece of shit?

no really it is... the rock section was cool, thats about it

road trip it seems for end of season, mad..

good lineup this year for tracks.. all across everywhere, from coast to coast

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
september 10 was the date for this years champs at toowoomba... probably hasnt been changed..?

duck_man

Likes Dirt
Mackay is going to be such an awesome race; Marc as always will hold a great event down there! Woo go NQ.

udi

swiss cheese
because its a overgrown flat piece of shit?
no really it is... the rock section was cool, thats about it
You share that opinion with about zero people... don't race it if you don't like it, but don't palm off one of the best three tracks in QLD as a 'piece of shit'. It's so hard to give you a chance when you post junk like this all the time!

For the record, sounds like it's back on the calendar.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't wait for the State champs, rode the track a couple of weeks ago and it is still of its head. Hopefully the guys up there can make a couple of those tight corners up in the rain forest abit more open, so that more people can axe themselves on the rocks and roots.

I agree that illinbah looked pretty good to me and I am hoping it gets back on the books. Although I reckon it is a big call naming it as a top three in Queensland (maybe in Southeast QLD). Remember up north they actually have mountains to ride down, and I would say Mackay, Myles track and many of the Cairns tracks are better than illinbah, Townsville might even give it a run for it's money form what I remember.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree that illinbah looked pretty good to me and I am hoping it gets back on the books. Although I reckon it is a big call naming it as a top three in Queensland (maybe in Southeast QLD). Remember up north they actually have mountains to ride down, and I would say Mackay, Myles track and many of the Cairns tracks are better than illinbah, Townsville might even give it a run for it's money form what I remember.
Yeah, but UDI may have been referring to race tracks.

If he's referring to tracks in general, then that is a bit of a hard assumption to make I guess. Cairns has a hell of a-lot-a prime tracks, we just cant race any of em :D (Well we do hold our races at Miles's, but thats an hour and a half out of Cairns)

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having only watched at illinbah, I would probably place it somewhere like this, Mackay/ Cairns world cup race track, Toowoomba and then Townsville/illinbah. So yeah maybe he is close to right if you are basing it only on Race Tracks.

This is leaving Miles' track out as I didn't get to race it, when I lived up north.

udi

swiss cheese
Yeah i'm talking about tracks that have been on the QLD state calendar the last 2 years or so... haven't ridden anything far north admittedly, as there hasn't been any reason for us to get up there (soon changing though I see :)).