Sram shifter mount FOUND SOLD

Jpez

Down on the left!
Item: Sram shifter mount FOUND. Thanks RB.
Item Condition: not munted.
Price and price conditions: reasonable.
Extra Info: I had a couple of these and gave them away thinking I’d not need em. Wrong was I.
Pictures: looks like this.
IMG_0450.png

Last edited:

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Jpez I think I have a couple of these at home. I am up in the Derwent Valley till Sunday night so message me Sunday afternoon if you haven't found one yet. I can drop it in the post.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Does this mount effective convert a MM only shifter to a bar clamp version?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Revisiting this thread.
So Vanderly industries kindly sent me a bracket but sans cap head bolt which is no drama as I have plenty.
Turns out I don’t.
The SRAM bolt that goes in it is an m5 thread with a smaller than standard(Bunnings) cap head and my local bolt place has a ridiculous minimum order. I’ve got plenty of m5 bolts but the heads are all too big to fit in the pocket.
so I need a m5 with a 7mm cap head. Not the 8.5 cap head off standard bolts.
anyone happen to have either an original sram bolt or a suitably sized one?
I’m happy to pay for it and also express postage as I’m heading off on a bike trip on Friday. Hoping to get it before then.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Revisiting this thread.
So Vanderly industries kindly sent me a bracket but sans cap head bolt which is no drama as I have plenty.
Turns out I don’t.
The SRAM bolt that goes in it is an m5 thread with a smaller than standard(Bunnings) cap head and my local bolt place has a ridiculous minimum order. I’ve got plenty of m5 bolts but the heads are all too big to fit in the pocket.
I’m happy to pay for it and also express postage as I’m heading off on a bike trip on Friday. Hoping to get it before then.
Got a bike shop nearby? Popping and seeing if they have a bolt in their workshop?

ausdb

Being who he is
Revisiting this thread.
Turns out I don’t.
Five minutes on a bench grinder would solve that.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Five minutes on a bench grinder would solve that.
You’d think so but by my scientific calculations there’d be fuck all perimeter left around the socket. That will be a last resort.

I’ve also tried two shops nearby and one wouldn’t even bother looking in his parts bin and the other just didn’t want to seem to understand what I needed. On the way to another one now.

I use https://www.boltandnut.com.au/bolts for obscure fasteners that I only need a few of, usually pretty quick delivery.

Could go not just file the head down smaller? Something like that I'd put the threaded end into a battery drill and use it to do the work.
Thanks. I’ll have a look.

ausdb

Being who he is
You’d think so but by my scientific calculations there’d be fuck all perimeter left around the socket. That will be a last resort.
I've never seen the originals, only used the clamp parts to make dodgy ispec mounts. Do the ridgy dij ones have a reduced hex size in them?

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've never seen the originals, only used the clamp parts to make dodgy ispec mounts. Do the ridgy dij ones have a reduced hex size in them?
Yep. The reduced once have a 3m hex and the normal size are 4mm so by the time you turn it down there nothing left. I don’t have the same life changing issues with Sram that some people seemingly need to have therapy about but in this case they can go eat a bag of diks.
3rd bike shop no joy.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That should read bolt head. Ha ha. A bodge may get you though until you can source a bolt.
I’m running the shifter with a matchmaker currently but the ergonomics aren’t ideal so it’s not the end of the world to run it like that. The bracket is curved where the cap head sits on so longer bolt bodge won’t really work.
first world problems I guess.