Spectator access to Maydena EWS (Edited title as information clarified)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Probably just me projecting then or getting confused with the AFL stadium which I'm certain when they ran a business case it would never make it's money back? I can't see how a chairlift/gondala etc would have been financially viable though? Yeah it would've been convenient for riding but I didn't want the eyesore whacked right in the middle of the mountain personally, I just couldn't see the point?

Maydena on the other hand would be amazing with some time of chairlift and I would fully support throwing the 430 million at that instead of the AFL stadium.

Off topic though, I feel for the Maydena trail crew after the event, some of those trails have been ripped to shreds. Hopefully they just leave them like that and change the ratings from Black to Double Black :D

I'm hoping to get up there to give them a crack prior to repairs as its looking insane, I have no idea how riders got down some of those trails so fast, let alone at all. Was an amazing spectacle.
The commenters that I heard about the stadium was that it will never make a profit as it's a government owned entity, the Cable Car was privately owned, so it's the risk of the private company for the financial burden and I'm sure they wouldn't have pushed that hard with it if they weren't sure they were going to make money. I stayed out of the conversation as I feel that I don't live in Hobart so it's not my place to comment.

Yes, watching some of the replay of the race and I'm in awe of how fast they hit those trials. It's like they just float over all the chunder, breathtaking to watch!

Last edited: