Specialized Big Hit X-fusion suspension question

avanti_rider

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys, I have the 2010 Specialized FSR 1 with the pretty basic X-fusion vector shock (can't see it on the website, but apparently it is made for specialized only) anyhow, it can not be pumped up, so i have wound up the pre-load about as far as i am comfortable doing. The problem is i keep bottoming out the shock on approx 5-foot drops.
It currently has the 500lbs coil on it and i weigh 60kg. Would i benefit from a 550lbs coil or even 600lbs coil?
Thanks guys.

piggy pie

Likes Bikes
Hi Guys, I have the 2010 Specialized FSR 1 with the pretty basic X-fusion vector shock (can't see it on the website, but apparently it is made for specialized only) anyhow, it can not be pumped up, so i have wound up the pre-load about as far as i am comfortable doing. The problem is i keep bottoming out the shock on approx 5-foot drops.
It currently has the 500lbs coil on it and i weigh 60kg. Would i benefit from a 550lbs coil or even 600lbs coil?
Thanks guys.
best advise i would give you (not being a smart arse) would be to get a second hand shock off one of the more reputable members of farkin, dont waste your time with a 3rd grade shock it will ruin your enjoyment. i was silly enough to keep an x-fusion on my haro, it was like a proper bike once i had replaced the shock. dont put up with rubbish

piggy pie

Likes Bikes
also remember that you dont need trading access to reply to an ad, just pm them. for some reason a few people seem to think you have to reply in the thread. enjoy the bike if you get a good shockie