NSW Sold found

safreek

Item: as above
Price range/Willing to Pay: cheaper than 79 dollars
Extra Info: any brand will do as long as it works.
Giving it until Monday then I'll buy new
Screenshot_2023-05-10-15-12-25-10_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

safreek

Of course I do...but what external diameters to you need?
Buggered if I know, old school 1.5.
As long as it will fit the Gemini I don't care if it looks weird.
I actually have a headset that suits but lost the top cap bit of it, friggin wanker I am

moorey

call me Mia
You can have my new one for $78.95.
49mm. Runs SS or tapered in an old school 1.5 head tube.

Canondale sometimes do funky proprietary stuff though. I’d check if I was you.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
It has a 1.5 headset in it now so just the normal, if such a thing exists.
I once thought I was normal, but like MTBs a big no :)
The headset might be 1.5, but that doesn’t guarantee the head tube is 49mm like the old standard. Canondale. All bets off. For the love of god, google or measure.

safreek

The headset might be 1.5, but that doesn’t guarantee the head tube is 49mm like the old standard. Canondale. All bets off. For the love of god, google or measure.
Will have a look in the morning, verniers should do the job

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Do you mean steerer for an old headshock or lefty?
But is the head tube 49mm? I’m thinking not either.
Craggles, not sure what head tube diameter is. When I was chasing stem and spacers I found out that both the original lefty and headstock used the larger steerer and had to check and that the change to 1.5" was 2013/2014. Mine is marked 1.500". I had an email exchange with a place in the US who gave me the run down on what when etc and mine was slap bang in the change. I got the impression that the headtube was the same and the bearings were different but who knows, I didnt get into it any further. The new single crown lefty runs 11/8" steerer so even the masters of unique standards have given up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Seems like it's standard 1.5
As @moorey says measure top and bottom to be sure to be sure.

moorey

call me Mia
Hey guys, if the headset is 1.5, is this all I need for the steerer conversion, am I missing something or is this good to go.
Cups and bearings are 1.5 but this bit fits perfectly and is 1 1/8

View attachment 399551
1.5 is potentially irrelevant. It’s a standard that may not apply to you. HeadTube is what you need to measure. 1.5 relates to steerer. Usually 49mm HT. But cannondale.
I can say no more.

safreek

1.5 is potentially irrelevant. It’s a standard that may not apply to you. HeadTube is what you need to measure. 1.5 relates to steerer. Usually 49mm HT. But cannondale.
I can say no more.
You aren't beating your head against a wall. I know what you mean about the head tube size but if the head tube is the correct size for the headset, is the one in the photo ready to go or is there a top part needed.
Hope I explained that better. Cheers