skatepark etiquette

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The worse people at skateparks are the kids on fold up scooters. Geez they boil my blood :mad: smart ass comments, being snaked by them every 2 secs aarrrgghhh.

jessebatty

Likes Dirt
Thats awsom advice man!!!!!!! im just getting into skate park and i don't know what would have happend to me if i hadent read that advice thanks again who ever wrote that up.:)

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One thing that really annoys me is little kids who have a real attitude problem, they think they are tops. In my experiences little kids (7-12) block the ramps, roll inns on purpose to annoy you. What do you do?

demo man

Used to be cool.
One thing that really annoys me is little kids who have a real attitude problem, they think they are tops. In my experiences little kids (7-12) block the ramps, roll inns on purpose to annoy you. What do you do?
You be the better man and teach them how to behave through example. they'll learn when they get older.

Or you can ask them politely to move - "Excuse me mate, do you reckon you could move a bit so I can use this ramp?" - most of the time they'll be fine with it. If they're rude then you are able to scare the crap out of them and make them run for their lives. That will teach them to obey polite people :p

paulie

Likes Bikes
Personally I throw a big move beside them. If they dont get the message I tell them to get the F out of the way. If they dont move run them over....or tail tap their forehead.

Might sound a little extreme but they have to learn. If I had done that shit when I was a kid I would have been beaten.

Thats tops advice.
personaly im a fairley new to this spot but those little kids are puttin themselves and others on the line.
Ive seen a kid on a skooter go in behind someone doin a roll back and get nailed, the guy on the stp had no idea this little kid would go in behind him whats he meant to do. Then the angry mother comes out starts abusing the stp rider who is bleedin pretty bad form the bakc of his head afeter coligin his nogan on the little shits handle bars.
I come over to see if they were all alright and try to calm the crazy bitch down only for her to go "u get outa my fucken face dont come down here and indimidate me you should all no better than this and be more carefull yad yada yada, "
then she leaves but her husband comes bakc later knocks the guy of his stp and throws it out to the middle of the park and rips th shit outa him.

At this stage it was so all outa hand i left but i couldnt beleive how nutz the parents went..... sure their chld wass hurt but so was the other guy... he didnt mean it....

I dont get why parents even have there kids at skate parks, thes skooter kids dont ever use the ramps just the flat conrete in the middle!! wtf take em to tennis court!!!!

thanx 4 readin
Timmy

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have seen that happen pleny of times. In my oppinion kids and parents take responsibility for their own actions, kids are going fall. What really annoys me is kids snaking other riders, parents should help out, before the kids rides or what ever the parent should give them a short briefing about what to do and what not to do.

trent188

Likes Dirt
i was riding belco today and there was about 5 kids under ten years old on bmx's who were just stopped in the middle of the donut trying to fix a kids helmet while a whole bunch of skaters were waiting to do a run. its not too hard to imagine why skaters often dont like bikers.
me too i was at a skate park and there was a suturday morning soccer game for like under 13s so all the parents took all their kids who were like 8 with their bikes to the skate park and the kids just rode around in circlesa and in the best spot of the park:mad:

wokkawokkawokka

Likes Dirt
Or you can ask them politely to move - "Excuse me mate, do you reckon you could move a bit so I can use this ramp?" - most of the time they'll be fine with it. If they're rude then you are able to scare the crap out of them and make them run for their lives. That will teach them to obey polite people :p
i also find being 6'3" 92kgs and a couple of tatts (oh yeah dont forget the mullet) and the right stare helps enourmously, especially when you're polite...
"scuse me mate, are you using that ramp, cause i wanna ride my 10" wheeled scooter over that tabletop"

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Personally I throw a big move beside them. If they dont get the message I tell them to get the F out of the way. If they dont move run them over....or tail tap their forehead.

Might sound a little extreme but they have to learn. If I had done that shit when I was a kid I would have been beaten.
How about asking them, nicely and politely, before resorting to that.

me too i was at a skate park and there was a suturday morning soccer game for like under 13s so all the parents took all their kids who were like 8 with their bikes to the skate park and the kids just rode around in circlesa and in the best spot of the park:mad:
Well ask them politely, they aren't going to pull any shit while their parents are there.

I'm really small, and I've asked skaters twice my height to move, politely, and they've obliged. Not hard to show a bit of politeness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member FN2187

To be honest the best thing to do is be diplomatic about the situation. Just mention to the parents that when there children are riding in a skatepark while much larger and more experienced people are riding in the same area, it poses a risk towards the children becoming seriously hurt should an accident happen.

Parents don't want there precious little ones being hurt now do they. This so far has had a 100% success rate for me. ;)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
How about asking them, nicely and politely, before resorting to that.
often the one that gets the best and quickest reaction is the one where you turn to your mate and go "geez i wish that little prick in the blue protec would get the f*ck out of the way, i want to taybo that hip" really really loudly.

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today I felt like doing some park on me mountain bike, the day was going great until some smart arse skaters thought they would be funny and smash bottles and spread the glass all over the park. Naturally I got very angry and my friend stopped me from slamming them.

yakuza

Likes Dirt

when i read that it made me laugh, because the other day some little punk was standing between the quarter and the sub so we couldnt wallride or sub tap the box, so my mate came up behind him when i wasnt looking, aired out of the quarter and tail slammed his arse into the sub which crushed his nuts, he then fell back into the quarter almost in tears, ha ha 15 year olds crying
that will teach him to be a smart ass

Drew.

Eats Squid
probably because when sized up to you, most parents would be worried about their children being eaten
Or you could go and make a little kid pritty much cry by saying "Do you want to stand anymore in the way" like this shithead I know of.

;)