Sit bone pain

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Go see an SQLab dealer, get your sit bones measured, pick the right shape saddle for you.... Stop thinking about it. DONE
Can't remember if it was SQ lab or Spech but one of them asks you what bike you ride and gets you to bend in the riding position.
Your sit bones spread as you bend over so they will be closer together riding a trail bike vs a time trial bike. Its not much but getting that ballpark measurement is essential.
I ride 155mm Spech Romins on most bikes but lately my ass likes Ergon SM pro's in M/L on my mountain bikes.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
As above, get your sit bones measured. Spesh do it, I think Trek does too. Most dealers have trial saddles you can road test.
I went to a 155mm saddle on my roadie and it made a world of difference

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
As above, get your sit bones measured. Spesh do it, I think Trek does too. Most dealers have trial saddles you can road test.
I went to a 155mm saddle on my roadie and it made a world of difference
When I bought my Procaliber they did, and there was also a 30 day like or swap on Bontrager saddles. Was 3 years ago, things may have changed

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
as others have said, get the saddle that fits your bum and fits your needs.

Are you tall/short heavy/light Wide hipped or narrow?

gel saddles are not necessarily the answer. they seem to be ok for short rides, but the longer the ride, the firmer the saddle, generally speaking.

A few here including myself have found comfort with Selle SMP saddles. there are a range to fit different size riders.

I am a fairly heavy unit, from a line of rugby players, so I have the Selle SMP lite 209.

I have a SDG Bel air (steel rail) on my youies bike. it's comfortable, though half the time I am out of the saddle, it's ok for pedalling uphill.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Make sure the saddle is the correct width and if still having issues look into a professional bike fit. I did this years ago and made a huge difference. Best money I spent on the bike as was more comfortable and less pain!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
@hifiandmtb so weird. I clicked on it like "oh nice one Wiggle, test saddles!"

But, no mention of returning them once you've tested, or keeping one and returning the others, and a straight up $430 cost rather than a card hold/escrow/deposit refunded when you send them back.

So actually it's just a fuckload of mostly shit saddles for $400. No thanks.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
It's so weird hey!

They sell test saddles individually too - at almost normal saddle prices.

I gave up trying to understand how it works...

Minlak

custom titis
Another option is by Trek / Bontrager saddles to try different sizes and styles - they have 30 day no question asked returns as long as not damaged

ozzybmx

Your sit bones spread as you bend over
They don't.
Was searching for a post, what did I miss here...

Well you must know better than SQ Lab and Pelvic injury clinics ect

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Was searching for a post, what did I miss here...

Well you must know better than SQ Lab and Pelvic injury clinics ect

View attachment 373002
Read those articles again. As you bend over the contact point moves. Your ischial tuberosity is a part of your hips and the only way they can move is if your pubic symphysys and sacro iliac joint have dislocated and their some damn solid joints.

ozzybmx

Spreads, gets wider, moves, increases, decreases... terminology wasn't probably 100% but when you read the context I explained it in, it was very clear what I was saying.
Your saddle measurements for a time trial bike will be completely different than a MTB.
Rolling forward into a time trail position narrows the sit bone contact points where sitting upright on a MTB will be it at its widest... spread.