Simple pleasures

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
Red wine

Reading the paper on a Saturday Morning sitting on the World's Most Comfortable Chair

Riding to work

A shower after camping

Cold beer on a hot day

Bacon and eggs

kyleman

Likes Dirt
Cranking up the aircon to the coldest setting and wrapping up under the doona (though quite pointless, it kicks ass)
Who doesnt do that:D And having like endless fans pointing at you. Hehe

Grab your bike..catch some trains and shit..see where you end up and try and find jumps/drops whatever.

Finally buying that part of bike youve been saving for whilst watching all your mates get them for free off their parents. Then doing better than them.:p

And most definatelly waking up on the saturday with alarms a ringin' thinking youve got school...but you dont.:)

And last but not least winning a footy grand final. Nothing beats that feeling. Especcially if its a bloody close game. Not sure what it would feel like if you got the winning goal..but hey. Same deal.;)

matty_101

Likes Dirt
A group of my mates, a few slabs of t.e.d's between us a few smokes, beats and a chick for everyone. could it be any better?? short of that going riding with ma mates.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In cricket the feeling of crunching one back over the bowlers head right out of the middle of the bat.
Getting a volley opportunity at tennis and smashing it out of the court.

Winning. Be it a grand final of a major sport or a game of pool against your mates just a good all round feeling.

Damaging something or doing something of a large spectacle without injuring yourself.
my god that feeling of the middle of the bat is so good, hitting my first six took no effort but it felt so good, right off the middle

tinto

Likes Dirt
comin out of a club and realising the sun beat you to macca's
how is that good? that's a nightmare :confused: Especially if you're coming down... :p

Walking out of an airport into a brand new country
So true - that's amazing.

Mine is a bit nasty. But a pleasure nonetheless...
Popping an enormous blind zit and it hits the mirror. Extra points if it's somewhere weird... like your shoulder. What a release.

Pete J

loves his dog
Mine is a bit nasty. But a pleasure nonetheless...
Popping an enormous blind zit and it hits the mirror. Extra points if it's somewhere weird... like your shoulder. What a release.
Ohhh the exquisite pain... :p

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Getting inspired by someone(possibly less fortunate than you).
Just watching birds or any wildlife go about their day to day life.
Walking after seeing someone old and crippled or someone in a wheelchair,I don't mean this in a bad way but after the pitty for them has passed.
being wrong but having it explained to you without getting served your pride.
getting got in a gould practical joke,even better though,getting even.
Having nothing to worry about.
Having it so easy in this country.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Coffee on a saturday/sunday afternoon.
Watching someone Fubar after you warn them. (Only applies if death or injury does not occurr)
Sea Breeze on a hot day.
A smile of appreciation after you helped somebody out.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Simple pleasures! Little things in life. There are a million different 'good' things, but this is where you can remember the little ones.

- That fresh mountair air smell at thredbo*.

*atmittedly, that smell means money is being sucked out of you at a great rate, but it's still nice.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
camping
streching your legs after a 5-6 hour car trip
long manuels
cold drink at the end of a hard days riding, even cold water tasts great after 100ish kms.
walking on the beach, in the rain

jonot

Likes Dirt
Just carving round and round a bowl on a skateboard at the local skatepark.

In the same vein, just skating around.

scblack

Leucocholic
Good beer, fine wine.

Making my daughter giggle.

Skinny dipping.

Scotch fillet steak.

Weekend breakfast: my scrambled eggs, coffee, Financial Review in the sun.

Damo_G

Squid
freshly ground brew of coffee

watchin my young lads bashing about on their bikes at the local park

riding forest single track with mates

projectsplat

The film guy
Going for a swim at Mossman Gorge (north of Cairns) on a stinking hot christmas day, then sitting in the back of the ute eating ice cream on the way back.

Climbing up the side of a 40+ foot cliff at the top of Behana Gorge (near Innisfail) and jumping off into the rock pool there, then climbing back up with wet and slippery feet and doing it all again.

Hell, jumping off any cliff or tree swing into a swimming hole in North Queensland does it for me.

Running or riding around in a proper tropical storm.

Sleeping in on a winters morning.

Sitting on the top of a mountain that you have just climbed to watch the sunset, then walking out in the dark.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Going for a swim at Mossman Gorge (north of Cairns) on a stinking hot christmas day, then sitting in the back of the ute eating ice cream on the way back.

Climbing up the side of a 40+ foot cliff at the top of Behana Gorge (near Innisfail) and jumping off into the rock pool there, then climbing back up with wet and slippery feet and doing it all again.

Hell, jumping off any cliff or tree swing into a swimming hole in North Queensland does it for me.

Running or riding around in a proper tropical storm.

Sleeping in on a winters morning.

Sitting on the top of a mountain that you have just climbed to watch the sunset, then walking out in the dark.
I'd have to say following on from that.

Living in Sydney your whole life, never really experiences "real" rain, then driving for 3 days to get to a newly aquired property in the middle of the Daintree Rainforest, and arriving to the full force brunt of a tropical rain storm. One of the most liberating things ive done in the last year.

projectsplat

The film guy
I'd have to say following on from that.

Living in Sydney your whole life, never really experiences "real" rain, then driving for 3 days to get to a newly aquired property in the middle of the Daintree Rainforest, and arriving to the full force brunt of a tropical rain storm. One of the most liberating things ive done in the last year.
Nice one. My brother has a property in Cow Bay. It;s an amazing part of the world.