Shoddy work from the park tool warriors

jrewing

Eats Squid
My ratio of shoddy work is 3 to 1. I do most of my work but circumstances or time require me to send or drop it off.
Every 3rd paying job has a fault.
I know most of them mechs doing the work, but they all think they are Adrian Newey capable engineers.
Straw that breaks the camel’s back is my forks getting serviced and the top cap on damper side has the oring squished out whilst it was nipped up from a full service.
You cant hand the job back like that! Now i question the workmanshio inside.
Over-priced pretend mechanics.

Im going full in-house soon… im over the questionable quality i frequently endure.
And easier for me to vent here then go back. Which i do wonder why i dont actually.

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
My ratio of shoddy work is 3 to 1. I do most of my work but circumstances or time require me to send or drop it off.
I know most of them mechs doing the work, but they all think they are Adrian Newey capable engineers.
Straw that breaks the camel’s back is my forks getting serviced and the top cap on damper side has the oring squished out whilst it was nipped up from a full service.
Over-priced failed real mechanics.

Im going full in-house soon… im over the questionable quality i frequently endure.
And easier for me to vent here then go back. Which i do wonder why i dont actually.
Mate I feel ya

Unless it needs a vacuum bleeding machine I will do it myself.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Over-priced failed real mechanics.

I'm guessing the workshop name does not begin with b, m, n or s. Feel free to PM me to confirm.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

jrewing

Eats Squid
Jammed oring is the yellow spot. Green i think is where a bigger original oring should be.
no recess for a oring at yellow nor in top
Tube as its threaded all the way.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There's only two shops I've never had an issue with:

1. Bike Culture, Belconnen
2. Monkey Wrench in Hacket

Both are in CBR. I haven't used either extensively and now that I think about it, it's only been for wheel builds and shock servicing.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say