shit support bands

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
hey boys and girls. i went to the chili peppers concert last night, and of course they were awesome but the supporting band was soo shit. the musicians were ok but the singer sucked badly. not only was he crap but through their set he ended out stripping, so the audience started throwing shit at him an booing, which he deserved. So my question to eveyone else is did anyone else think they were shit and what other concerts have you been to where the supporting band was crap?

Joy

Likes Dirt
hahaha i heard about this. top stuff.

when i went to Greenday (ive like them since i was a kid so shut up:p ), i had to sit through Simple Plan as the support band.

Ginogino

Banned
The concert I went to most recently had the best support band i've ever had..

Reel big Fish headlining with Guttermouth supporting.. Awesome.

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
word to that.
Unpaid debt have supported for The Bouncing Souls and NOFX and come very, very close to being the best act there.. but NOFX is just untouchable really haha. At the souls concert they were the first supporting act, and the following act was just made to look pure shit. Being sandwiched between them and the Souls.. gotta feel sorry for em.

But yeh supporting bands generally have a tonne of energy, and really love the crowd and the scene, you'll find a lot of them totally kill it, rather than suck.
I guess it depends on your taste, people there for the bands music they've heard on the radio, or even CD won't usually like them. People there for the live music, generally get into it.

Rik

logged out
It can be an interesting one... get a band too similar to the main act and the night blurs a bit, they also have the possibility of showing up the main act.
Try to introduce a new band with different sound to the crowd and you'll put people off too much, possibly damping the night.

I don't mind The Datsuns, but them opening for Metallica was a joke. Superheist opening for Sepultura = WTF :eek: I've seen too many gigs to remember every shit support band that played, but those are the two main ones that stick with me.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Dungeon wiped the floor with Mayhem.

Kyuss were as good if not better than Metallica.

Ginogino

Banned
Yeah Unpaid Debt were pretty amazing too.. Bad Day Down before them weren't anything special...

NOFX were pretty good tho.. Saw both briosbane shows

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
shit support bands ive seen are: sneaky sound system, tv rock, 28 days and a band that played in the domain on the closing night of the olympics - plus savage garden

good ones have been: shihad, karnivool and hatebreed

simmo_24

Likes Bikes
years ago when i seen Linkin Park, they had 1200 techniques open they were crap, people were throughing stuff at them too....

Juliette and the licks at the unwritten law/ +44 concert sucked......for a band who opened at the foo fighters to a sold out hyde park i was really really dissapointed. The other support act, As tall as lions were awesome though:)

d_j1

Likes Dirt
Haha exactly the same thing happened at the friday concert in Brisbane. The dude stripped throughout the set, and I chucked a hacky sack at him when he started grabbing his balls at us!

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
I remember back in the mid 80's one of my mates from school went to a concert where the Georgia Satellites were supporting Johnny Diesel and the Injectors. He was only going to see the Georgia Satellites, as soon as Diesel came on stage he walked out.

Last edited:

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's even worse when the Support band is better than the main attraction, and yes it does happen abit at live shows.

That's worse than a bad support band.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Har Mar Superstar (whom your obviously referring to) were actually quite good IMO. Fast past, near rap-rock style was really really good to listen to. If you start off with the mindset the support act will suck, there is no way you will enjoy it. HarMar were way better than i thought and have a really unique style to them. And to quote flea "If you cant enjoy HarMar, you just dont know how to have a good night out yo". They arent THAT bad. Good fun all round and the stripping fat guy with his disco dance moves is quite a laugh.

...Simple Plan @ the Greenday concert a few years ago literally got boo'ed off stage. They were crap as well.

However: The king of all shit support acts has to go to the Tucker B's, who supported Wolfmother @ the pavilion. They were the shittest band i have ever heard in my entire life... "i want to meet your kids, let me eat your food, show me where you live" ... Not joking there were truly disgusting...