Shimano SlX 4 pot brakes

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Can anyone who bought these and have received the items confirm what is included?

I want to buy the callipers as it seems like a mistake in their pricing.

Also curious if the levers include any fittings other than the master cylinder.

@wkkie @Shredden @born-again-biker

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I basically did the same order as @Shredden
...but will be a few days at least before they arrive.
My head scratcher was actually whether the callipers shipped with pads or not. Couldn't be bothered waiting for answer, so I ordered some pads separately. Am happy to have a spare set if I have doubled up.
I will watch /wait to see the solution for the banjo bolt...

PJO

in me vL comy
I emailed BikeBug about the Banjo bolt yesterday, will report what they say.
We should probably move this to another thread so others can follow the trail, is there anyway to do this with your superior administrative powers @Dales Cannon ??

Shredden

Knows his goats
My head scratcher was actually whether the callipers shipped with pads or not. Couldn't be bothered waiting for answer, so I ordered some pads
My interpretation of the bikebug listing and the shimano website is that they come with finned resin pads. Wish they were metal. I'll see how the power goes with resin and then swap them out if I want more I reakon.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I haven't received mine yet. Same as @Shredden, the rest of my order was sent, but still waiting on the calipers.

I'm hoping they ship with the banjo bolt as well, but not confident.

I've got others sorted for now, so of I have to get other bits, so be it.

I'm planning on running them with m8000 & m7000 levers and the hoses that are on them at the moment, so fingers crossed either the current banjo bolt is compatible or the new calipers come with a banjo bolt.

Keep us updated with your order progress guys and I'll update too when mine arrive.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I ran the XT four pots with M8000 levers and now with M9000 race levers. No issues whatsoever. The SLX supposedly are the same caliper with extra letters.

You guys will be fine.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can you use the new slx levers with the slx m675 brake callipers?

Not sure why you guys are all shifting bricks over the banjo. My most recent XT brakes connect to the calliper the same way they connect to the lever. Perhaps shimano have reverted?

moorey

call me Mia

Not sure why you guys are all shifting bricks over the banjo. My most recent XT brakes connect to the calliper the same way they connect to the lever. Perhaps shimano have reverted?
The last Shimano XT to non banjo were m775’s..(work well still, but getting on)...and even the model before those were Banjo.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt

Banjo bolt on 4 pot (Saint, Zee, XT) was different length to 2 pot units and didn't come with them caliper only. It wasn't super clear what was needed when the XT calipers previously launched which made it annoying for people grabbing the calipers for a power upgrade.

Thinking one (or two) of these SLX calipers might go alright on my hardtail. Really noticed the lack of power riding my M8000's on the weekend vs the surety of the Saints on my squisher. Plus they are almost cheaper than buying pads.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The last Shimano XT to non banjo were m775’s..(work well still, but getting on)...and even the model before those were Banjo.
My bad - just had a closer look at the XT I'm running and yes there is a banjo! The lower spec shimano brakes I installed on a friend's bike last year. I thought it was a great idea!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Current Deore 4 pots are non banjo - it’s what I’ve got on my roadie. Same as slx and xt without some machining and aesthetics.