Shimano Click'R Touring Shoes, any good on flat pedals?

Minlak

custom titis
I have some Scott Trail shoes that are very similar. The soles are more hard wearing and wont give you anywhere near the traction something like a Five-Ten shoe will. However having said that it only matters if you are comparing 5.10's to them. If you are currently using an everyday jogger bought from a sports store the grip offered by these will be similar if not slightly better. It will also make a difference on the type of flat pedal you are using. I have Straitline Amps with the raised grub screws and found my joggers to be adequate but obviously my 5.10's far superior. You may find a normal jogger with a different pedal more or less better.

So essentially wont be worse than joggers and maybe :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My girlfriend is after some good riding shoes, she uses flat pedals but doesn't like the chunky, skate shoe look that a lot of the riding shoes have.

She likes the look of these, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-womens-cw40-clickr-touring-shoes/ does anybody have any experience in how well this style of clip in shoe would work with flat pedals?

Cheers
I got the same shoes for my wife. The idea was that she can use them as flats as long as she needs and use them with cleats if the need ever arises. Much better than runners with a flatter, stiffer sole. can't compare them to other flats because I don't have any experience with them but so far, grip has not been an issue on her well go pedals.

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk

mitch_302

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys. The main issue with joggers I find is getting the pedal caught in the raised arch when it's time to drop your heels.

I got the same shoes for my wife. The idea was that she can use them as flats as long as she needs and use them with cleats if the need ever arises. Much better than runners with a flatter, stiffer sole. can't compare them to other flats because I don't have any experience with them but so far, grip has not been an issue on her well go pedals.

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk
Sweet, she'll be using wellgo pedals as we'll.

Wombatone

Likes Dirt
No , if she values her shins get some FiveTens instead.
There is tools for the job and FiveTens are the tool for flats.
She will regret not having them the first time the WellGo's come in to bite her.

mitch_302

Likes Dirt
Well I guess it will come down to a decision between whether she prefers style or skin on her shins.

Quency

Likes Dirt
Hi there,

i know this will sound like a plug, cause i work at mountainbikesdirect.com.au, but i have 2 female friends who bought this http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/5-10-karver-womens-shoe-ash-grey and they love it
yes its a bit bulkier than the shimano, but the sole cannot be compared.
5.10 in my opinion, are the best flat pedals shoes.

Thanks
I'll vouch for these too. my other half has been running them for the last 8-9 months with no complaints. heaps more grip than joggers, etc.