Shaun O'Conner Gravity Camp.

AshR

Likes Dirt
Yes. That is how the pros go so fast, they also have special moves and secret passages you can go through.
From what I understand there are power-ups too, like SPEED X 2 and NO DAMAGE.

Man that made me spit my coffee on my keyboard.. :eek:

The skills camp would be awesome, but this close to christmas/ new years not good time for funding for me.... I'm going to Buller for a ride day anyways on Saturday :)

see y'all up there.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I think it's a great idea. Whistler has the Camp of Champions and look how popular they are. With the right venue and the right instructor(s) this would be very popular in the future. Advanced notification is the key, if parents know they have to outlay $700 close to Xmas, it can be planned for. Think Xmas present!;)

af_freeman13

Likes Dirt
I think it's a great idea. Whistler has the Camp of Champions and look how popular they are. With the right venue and the right instructor(s) this would be very popular in the future. Advanced notification is the key, if parents know they have to outlay $700 close to Xmas, it can be planned for. Think Xmas present!;)
I got it for my Xmas present, i had herd about it and got given a flyer at a vic dh series race and i talking to my folks about it and dad was behind me all the way with it.

personal i think it will be worth the $700 plus, because it covers all our accommodation at a lodge in Mt Buller, 3 meals a day, Bike set up etc, how to tackle drops and jumps better and look for faster lines, how to track walk to look for faster and smoother line, plus a three day lift ticket and the chance to hang out and ride with Shaun, which soon i believe he will be at or very near to the top.

indica

Serial flasher
I was up there today and saw the crew walking the track, sessioning some bit, working out lines, seemed to be a good thing.
When I had a run down International - not much traffic there today, they were definitely choosing some lines (with pink spraypaint) that I would not have thought of and seemed a fair bit better than my daft ideas.

Taking the piss aside I see this as a good thing for the groms.

af_freeman13

Likes Dirt
I was up there today and saw the crew walking the track, sessioning some bit, working out lines, seemed to be a good thing.
When I had a run down International - not much traffic there today, they were definitely choosing some lines (with pink spraypaint) that I would not have thought of and seemed a fair bit better than my daft ideas.

Taking the piss aside I see this as a good thing for the groms.
Yes we were using spray paint to mark lines :) i had the most amazing time on the camp, riding with Shaun was amazing, the instructors Shannon, Tim and Sam where so friendly and helpful, i feel a lot smoother and faster than ever,
A hard 3 days riding DH was awesome, everyone in the group improved a shit load. I am now comfortable to hit every A-line and im much faster through rock gardens and corners,
I highly recommend it to every one, not matter what level of riding you do, you will learn so much.

lachy123

Cannon Fodder
gee shannon, did you really have to put that last pic up?

the camp was heaps of fun and i learned heaps.