SCUM 30/60/90 December 12: Nowra

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking forward to it. I've been practising my singlespeed technique. I can now detect any slight incline, dismount and start walking in one smooth motion. :p

seanb888

Likes Bikes
Nope, no categories for singlespeed. We have a lot of categories as it is...
Cool, just checking my entry was correct.:)
Will there be any course maps with elevation published for the event. I like the opportunity to think too much about gearing choice and select the wrong ratio for the day.
Cheers Sean

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will we be given any guidance on the day as to where the designated chunder sites on the track are? I'm thinking along both sides of the first two climbs should cover it

Merry Christmas to everyone!

P.S. showing restraint on NYE because this is definately cheating! Anybody without dark sunglasses on the startline should be shot (except U/18s - don't kill your braincells!)

struggles

Likes Dirt
Cool, just checking my entry was correct.:)
Will there be any course maps with elevation published for the event. I like the opportunity to think too much about gearing choice and select the wrong ratio for the day.
Cheers Sean
34-16 for a 26er or 32-16 for a 29er should see you right.

Unless you are really fit or light, then go for slighlty higher gearing.

I could ride all the hills with 32-16 on my 29er and I am fat and very unfit:)

I saw the light after 5 years rigid SS and have gone back to FS and gears.

Newton

Likes Dirt
If anyone gets a chance to ride the area in the next 3-5 days can they post up what the trails are like - there has been a fair bit of rain in Nowra in the last 6 weeks. The firetrails are clay based and take days to dry out ...

struggles

Likes Dirt
If anyone gets a chance to ride the area in the next 3-5 days can they post up what the trails are like - there has been a fair bit of rain in Nowra in the last 6 weeks. The firetrails are clay based and take days to dry out ...
I rode them last week and they were fine. Overnight we had about 15-20mm of rain. Will head out for another look Wednesday morning.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
While I'm not there at the moment, my spies are telling me it's all looking pretty good and although Saturday is expected to be very hot Sunday should be 19-28 degrees and cloudy which should mean a good morning for a ride.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anybody compare the track to any other track? I have an image in my head that suggests it is similar to Awaba (or maybe a little flatter like the Coffs Harbour Cows with Guns track) but I really have no idea where that image has come from

Bermshot

Banned
Can anybody compare the track to any other track? I have an image in my head that suggests it is similar to Awaba (or maybe a little flatter like the Coffs Harbour Cows with Guns track) but I really have no idea where that image has come from
It is Sth Coast Gold!

The rain has stopped and the sun will shine, ahhhh.

Riderdown

Likes Bikes
The dryer weather has worked a treat with the forrest trails firming up and a bit of tidying of superbowl and butterfly over the next couple of days, this should be a pearler.

Should be a good chance to break in the Christmas Presents on some fresh fast trails.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Me and the missus coming down to smash round the 60km - literally cant wait.

I promise not to get lost this year, and keep my eyes open for signage!!!!

Also - we'll be bringing a car load of spares / old bits / ex-sponsored kit to flog. Come take a look, no offers refused!!!

See you Sunday.

faberdiaz

Squid
bike choice

i know someone alredy asked if the course is smooth enought for a hardtail?? I have a duallie that weights the same as the HT so it is a bit hard to decide which bike to bring. Not sure if the single track will kill my lower back when doing my second lap?? I only race the HT in races such as the fling, dirt works etc (firetrails).. Any suggestion is much appreaciated.

cheers