SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lots of bike shops have them.
Contact the importer for the one closest to you (where are you based?)

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EDIT: Reviewed on Pinkbike's Commencal MaxMax/Dolla Bill test.
575g each, 2.25". But soft compound...
Sounds good, though. See you as soon as I can get up there!

Last edited:

fishinabarrel

Likes Dirt
With regard to the price, I don't know exactly, but they are def not at the same price point as Maxxis tyres. Although i know they have a triple compound DH tyre, not available yet, that is a similar price to the Maxxis 3C tyre. At least about $80 per end for the standards though. Size goes from 2.1 up to 2.5 and apparently they are a great tyre to ride. I've heard that they are making an effort to get into the market here and a lot more people will be running them in the next DH season...

fatbadger

Squid
most of the schwable dh tyres are triple compound, and retail around $100 each
the muddy mary's and nobby nics are pretty nice dh tyres although they are quite wieghty.
the crazy bobs and timo sig tyres are probable the best tyres i've run on my hardtail.
i'm keen to try some of the dh tyres once my maxxis and michelin are done.
they'll be a good pair to test against...

fatbadger

Squid
bike box.
apparently, according to a customer, muddy mary's are the best tyres he's ever ridden on his dh bike, that includes pretty much the whole maxxis range.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
Axela8 they are 2.25's

i'll clear up some misconceptions in this thread.....

nobby nics are xc/trail tyres

the DH tyres are actually lighter than minions:

Maxxis Minion 2.5 SR - 1300g

Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4 GG - 1150g

Both the triple compound and gooey gluey is readliy available and we stock both. Unlike Maxxis you won't pay more for the triple, its the same price as the GG.

look out for a test on the big bettys in the upcoming Clict ;)

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
I'm keen to try our some Schwalbe tyres on my hardtail, most likely the Racing Ralphs.

Anyone know of any retailers in NSW/VIC selling them? I have found wholesale distributor details but their site is pretty basic, and offers little more information than that they have an affiliation with Schwalbe.

Do people usually buy from o/s?

Cheers in advance!
maybe worth a look
http://nobmob.com/node/5581

Manuel

Squid
Great work! Thanks for the help guys! Didn't expect so many useful replies!

I'll be in Melbourne this weekend so hopefully I'll find iRide and pop in to grab a pair and more!

Schwalbe Tyres - Are they avail in Oz?

Are the Schwalbe Tyres available in Australia, specifically looking for Nobby Nic 2.1's. Can anybody recommend a reseller in Oz.

dl79

Likes Dirt
EVO cycles have nobby nics in stock 03 59402299. I run them on my xc bike and love them.