Round #9 VES...Major Pain 6 Hour...30 October

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Get Up Here !

Forget the rain in Melbourne (or Canberra for that matter).

Weather is perfect at Mt Major this afternoon at rego.

A few happy snaps (obviously need a lot of keys to get into the place).

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Did a couple of laps today and the track is in great form. Camo has done a great job looking after the place.

red gum

Likes Dirt
Great day was had by all,there was a little wind no rain .A big thanks to all the riders who turned up,l hope you all loved the track:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Yes it did.
Bloody awesome machine.
I took my bike as well as a back up.
It`s the first time I`ve been to the mountain since I started riding a few years back and not broken the myself or the bike.
Personal victory to me.
Apart from that, watching the guns (go past) while riding around was really good.
I was doing low 50 min laps while they were doing low 30`s.
And I finished in the top 10 of mens pairs! (just don`t count how many teams were entered)

Cheers

MH

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the great weekend

Well our first enduro event went very well. There a couple of thing we can improve on, like having some Jelly Beans to go with the Snakes at the top of the hill and get some smaller sized t-shirts.

I did very well. With all those kilo's of snakes in front of me, I only had one snake all day and that was at the end of the day. It had some fluff on it and I couldn't waste it.

There were plenty of happy faces at the the end. For such a small called hill, it throws a good punch and surprised quite a few. It even surprised me at how good the track was. Saturday was the first time I had complete a full lap of Major Pain and I enjoyed it thoroughly. All my other attempts to ride it had ended miserably. All the coo-dose goes to Camo for all the hours he has done to get the track ready. Great Job Camo.

I would like to thank Rusell (timing) for all his help. Would have been lost without it. The girls in the rego/timing tent for all the help. The rest of the club member who helped get the event ready and do the odd jobs during the day.

Lastly I would like to thank all the competitors that turned up and made the weekend very enjoyable and I hope you all had a good time.

Till next time.

Cheers

Ant

P.S: If you have any feed back on what we can do to improve the event, send me an email to info@gvmtbc.com

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Some other stats

Just going through the results.
The winner did 110km in the 6 hours and 3,355mts of climbing.

My legs hurt after just 40km and 1200mts of climbing.

Cheers

MH

Az

Likes Dirt
Just going through the results.
The winner did 110km in the 6 hours and 3,355mts of climbing.

My legs hurt after just 40km and 1200mts of climbing.

Cheers

MH
Yeah and we looked at it and thought this was going to be easier then doing the Mitta........

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Thanks Ant for having the "J's" playing at the top of the hill mate. Heard a few good songs to keep me going.
Nearly everybody l spoke too said the same thing "killer climbs" but they were all having a blast.
Well done Camo the track was in great condition, next year we will get a top 3 in pairs. Go team Bundy and Cola!!!!:very_drunk:

red gum

Likes Dirt
:whip::clap2:Must do a hell of a lot more training if l am to get sub 40 min l can always hope.The bike went a like a dream just needs the legs to push it .Well done bundy why settle for 3rd when we can go all the way:whip:

Last edited: