Round #9 VES...Major Pain 6 Hour...30 October

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Round 9 Goldcross Cycles Victorian Enduro Series Is Proud To Bring You The Goulburn Valley Mountain Bike Club’s

When
Sunday 30 October, 2011.

Where
Mt Major, Dookie

Entry
$50 per rider. Junior riders entered in the Junior Triples category are able to race for $75 per team.
Entries will be accepted in person on the Saturday afternoon (2pm to 5pm) out at Mt Major. Cash only.
$20 for MTBA Day licenses if required.

Enter online at Entry Zone

Course
The course will use most parts of the cross country course used at the recent State XC round and Nationals, plus the track will use most of the Old Schools track that loops the top of the hill. The course does not include the Scorpion/Waterfall section. The course is approximately 10km in length and is predominately single track. The course is achievable by all competent riders.

Race Categories
The following categories are being offered:

• Solo Classes: Male, Male 40+, Female
• Pairs Classes: Male, Female, Mixed
• Triples Classes:Male, Female, Mixed, Junior U19, Masters 40+ (PLEASE NOTE: This is a mixed gender class. You can have an all male, all female, or mixed team. The only provision is that all competitors need to be over the age of 40).

Registration
Registration will be available at the following location prior to the race:
Saturday 29 October – 2pm to 5pm at Mt Major.
Sunday 30 October – 7am to 9am at Mt Major.

Course Practice
The course will be open for practice between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday 29 October and between 7:00am and 9:00am on Sunday 30 October. Please note: the course will only be open to competitors who have registered and have their race plate fitted to their bikes.

[video=vimeo;29411799]http://www.vimeo.com/29411799[/video]

Accommodation:
For accommodation in Shepparton you can do it online at Discover Shepparton or call 1800 808 839.

For accommodation at Dookie College (1.5km from track) you can call 1800 808 839.

Last edited:

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Accommodation and a new map added to first post.

There is a ride day out at Mt Major this Sunday, the 9th October from 10am. Come and have a ride of the track before race day.

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Good day out on the track yesterday....when I wasn`t crashing down the side of the mountain.
For anybody who is interested, it took Red Gum and myself about 55 minutes to do a lap. I`d reckon someone who actually trains and knows how to ride without running into sheep would be a good 20mins or more quicker than that.
Cheers
MH

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Last Sunday was a great day for riding out at Mt Major. The sheep were happy to see you leave mad hatter:highly_amused:.

I should have more info in the next few days about prizes and give away's for the event. Not long to go now.

We will also have a water cart at the bottom of the hill in the transition area and I hope to have water and lollies available at the summit as well for anyone that needs it.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
that should be the best linking trail they could make at Major! No waterfall section, would actually enjoy Shep (dare i say it :p)
we cant go :( didnt realise its on the same weekend as the Melbourne Cup long weekend. Too busy wooping it up in Mt Beauty and doing the Mitta Mitta race :)

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
that should be the best linking trail they could make at Major! No waterfall section, would actually enjoy Shep (dare i say it :p)
The XC boys have come up with a great course and the track is in excellent condition. Not long to go now.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
The views are great from up the top of the hill. It is amazing how for you can see.

Lastly, online rego closes shortly.