Rotorburn pub session - Melbourne Friday 15th March 2013

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It was suggested amongst a few dudes that we arrange a date and place to meet a few fellow Rotorburn members in Melbourne city in March this year. I will be in town for the Grand Prix and was hoping to say G'day to whoever could come along on Friday the 15th March. The QLD pub crawl idea has worked out well but this would be more of a stay in one place and talk shit / pick on Dozer for all the offensive posting. ;)
I was hoping to do it in the city or thereabouts and even go to a place to have a cheap feed. Any ideas? I know Knut has done some enquiring............

STOP THE PRESS!: We are having drinks at 8pm at Pugg Mahones Irish pub in Carlton (171 - 175 Elgin Street in Carlton) on Friday the 15th March 2013. Wives and girlfriends are welcome to come along, the more the merrier. Some of us don't plan on staying up until dawn but we will spend a few hours talking trash. Knut tells me it is an Irish pub and very welcoming. Check out http://www.puggmahones.com.au/ for the beer selection.

Last edited:

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It will be a cold day in hell before Sydney gets a Formula One Grand Prix.

Oh wait, you mean the pub session..................;)
Thank you Dozer, you now owe me a new keyboard and a cup of coffee.....

I've been considering going to the F1 this year but I'm not sure yet, are members from other states invited?

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
It will be a cold day in hell before Sydney gets a Formula One Grand Prix.

Oh wait, you mean the pub session..................;)
Gold Dozer!

Would definately be up for it - keep in mind though that many places are likey to be packed that weekend, which may lead to issues with food if heaps turn up without a booking... Just a thought.

I'm a fan of The Imperial - top end of Collins st. - but mainly because its the Liverpool fan-base... Decent/Cheap pub food & good selection of beers.

Up for other suggestions - plenty good here in Mexico City...

Knut

Troll hunter
I will be there. All welcome.

Carlton looks ok so far. Not too OTT or seedy.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thank you Dozer, you now owe me a new keyboard and a cup of coffee.....

I've been considering going to the F1 this year but I'm not sure yet, are members from other states invited?
Hell yeah they're invited, the more the merrier. I reckon we should invite the girls along too but we'll see what happens.

Gold Dozer!

Would definately be up for it - keep in mind though that many places are likey to be packed that weekend, which may lead to issues with food if heaps turn up without a booking... Just a thought.

I'm a fan of The Imperial - top end of Collins st. - but mainly because its the Liverpool fan-base... Decent/Cheap pub food & good selection of beers.

Up for other suggestions - plenty good here in Mexico City...
We'll book something for sure. Knut has some friends in low places and he's actually allowed to use a telephone now so he'll probably be our go to guy.

Ahem. Spotted in Hazelbrook, Blue Mountains. . . . .
View attachment 253633
Sheesh, I can see a pretty tough car setup for that race! I dare say the temporary fence company couldn't be arsed removing the previous signage, she'll be right. ;)

Plow King

Little bit.
Keen. Aiming to get that night/s off work. If not there will be some messy dealing the next day.

Not too worried about locations/beer quality.

a/ Am a pussy don't drink beer.
b/ A bar's a bar. IMO ^ refer to above comment.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just discovered that a weekend pass is about $300 less than I thought it would be so I'm definitely keen. Would anyone be interested in sharing accommodation for the Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday nights?

John U

MTB Precision
Brooksy007 said:
I'm a fan of The Imperial - top end of Collins st. - but mainly because its the Liverpool fan-base... Decent/Cheap pub food & good selection .
Top end of Bourke St isn't it? Opposite parliament House. One of the few pubs in the city where you can stand on the footpath outside and drink. Great for a couple if the weather is good. As mentioned by Brooksy, there are a few reasonably priced places to eat around it and some other half decent bars (at least there was a couple years ago when I worked in the area).

I could be in. Have commenced negotiations via the U.N.

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Sure, why not? OK the 17th is my wedding anniversary, but that's neither of the suggested dates, so I should be in!