roger rogerson - cop that you scum

safreek

so ends another story (less he gets knocked in the nick :welcome:) decades of official coverups finally end, hopefully he grasses up his mates that protected him, not much hope of that though. I would give you a soap on a rope but I only wish you ill will. hopefully some of the people that you set up ( or their sons ) will be waiting with raging erections. GOOD LUCK COBBA.

stirk

Burner
Reminds me of a mini series filmed in the early 80's called The Scales of Justice. It was all about dodgy cops with some killing of a drug dealer. I wonder if the series was partly based on Rogerson.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I read a brief outline of this crook's alleged antics over the years. What a lowlife, time in jail will be no sort of punishment fitting for him or his associates. Neck 'em.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Reminds me of a mini series filmed in the early 80's called The Scales of Justice. It was all about dodgy cops with some killing of a drug dealer. I wonder if the series was partly based on Rogerson.
Memory lane! I studied that in my last years of high school.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Fishing trip scene with the safe(I think it was blue murder)
You mean when they tied the rope around the guy's neck using a twisted coathanger and kicked it overboard? Think it was a washing machine.

The scene I always recall is Abo biting that guy's ear off then washing his mouth out with a beer.

safreek

have not seen the show but I guess its probably based on aust policing in general at the time. police had a licence to do as they wished, many took that licence to far and were absolute scum. The coppers that I have the real problem with is not the scum that are perpetrating these crimes but the coppers that turn a blind eye, police that saw beatings happening ( torture really ) and chose to walk on by, they would arrest a normal civilian for doing the same thing. many of the " straight cops " that rule the roost now turned a blind eye or worse to the corrupt conduct back then, its easier getting to the top if you ignore poor peer behaviour ( in your mind your not corrupt )

wavike

Likes Dirt
Seems nothing much has changed. Saw the video on the news last night. Qld coppers, about 5 of them 'arresting' a bloke who was videoing them on a phone. Turned out to be just a tourist, ex fed police, deleted everything off his phone. Episode caught on security camera. The incident has been sent to Qld Police to investigate by Crime & Misconduct commission, glad we can confidence in the outcome :doh::flypig::grouphug:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Seems nothing much has changed. Saw the video on the news last night. Qld coppers, about 5 of them 'arresting' a bloke who was videoing them on a phone. Turned out to be just a tourist, ex fed police, deleted everything off his phone. Episode caught on security camera. The incident has been sent to Qld Police to investigate by Crime & Misconduct commission, glad we can confidence in the outcome :doh::flypig::grouphug:
If he wasn't doing anything wrong, he wouldn't have had anything to fear.

I filmed some cops in Leichhardt a long time back. They had rear ended an old lady's car. Imagine 6 coppers circling around your granny and putting her though the ringer. Poor form! Not an ambo in sight.

wavike

Likes Dirt
If he wasn't doing anything wrong, he wouldn't have had anything to fear.

I filmed some cops in Leichhardt a long time back. They had rear ended an old lady's car. Imagine 6 coppers circling around your granny and putting her though the ringer. Poor form! Not an ambo in sight.
A former federal police officer who was tackled by five officers on the Gold Coast has claimed his arrest was unlawful. Paul Gibbons told 9NEWS he was holidaying in Surfers Paradise when police arrived at his apartment complex, looking for another man. He told 9NEWS he let five officers into the complex lobby, but was told his actions to comply with their requests were not quick enough. Mr Gibbons said he felt uncomfortable and lifted his mobile phone to start filming the encounter, to which officers responded by tackling him. Security video shows officers pushing Mr Gibbons to the ground and handcuffing him.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-he-was-wrongfully-arrested-on-the-gold-coast

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

A former federal police officer who was tackled by five officers on the Gold Coast has claimed his arrest was unlawful. Paul Gibbons told 9NEWS he was holidaying in Surfers Paradise when police arrived at his apartment complex, looking for another man. He told 9NEWS he let five officers into the complex lobby, but was told his actions to comply with their requests were not quick enough. Mr Gibbons said he felt uncomfortable and lifted his mobile phone to start filming the encounter, to which officers responded by tackling him. Security video shows officers pushing Mr Gibbons to the ground and handcuffing him.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-he-was-wrongfully-arrested-on-the-gold-coast
Queenslanders...those cops were probably pissed their coke dealer wasn't home. Strung out crackers are dangerous.

indica

Serial flasher
Rodge, what a LEGEND!

Had enough, decides to bin it all and retire in prison.

Top bloke that.

OscarWhitbread

Likes Bikes
I'm too young to remember much of his story throughout the 80's but I watched the Liz Hayes / Mick Drury interview the other night which was pretty interesting, sounds like Roger has had his finger in a lot of pies over the years, seems like a pretty fitting retirement home for the guy.

Apparently channel 7 are showing some special tonight about it, might tune in for a squizz. From the ad I saw on the weekend it looks like most of their moves were easily be tracked by CCTV. I think the old school dodgy cop got caught out by a modern world. No more relying on he said / she said evidence and bribing your way out of trouble, pretty hard to explain yourself when cameras can track just about every move these days. I was at the pub all day with my mates, er, so this is not you in this photo and this one, and this one, and footage from here, here and here...

mtb1611

Seymour
This will no doubt - and understandably - invoke a bit ire, however despite Rogerson's clearly policy-deprived and reprehensible conduct, one can't help but wonder if the perpetrators of Melbourne's gangland wars or Sydney's Middle Eastern and bikie crime lord feuds would've reached such lofty heights, had the policing practices of Rogerson's era still been employed by certain elements of our law enforcement bodies.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This will no doubt - and understandably - invoke a bit ire, however despite Rogerson's clearly policy-deprived and reprehensible conduct, one can't help but wonder if the perpetrators of Melbourne's gangland wars or Sydney's Middle Eastern and bikie crime lord feuds would've reached such lofty heights, had the policing practices of Rogerson's era still been employed by certain elements of our law enforcement bodies.
Alternatively those fueds may be the result of the many years of unregulated growth in the underworld due to the corrupt actions of police and officials, a correcting of the population so to speak.

mtb1611

Seymour
Alternatively those feuds may be the result of the many years of unregulated growth in the underworld due to the corrupt actions of police and officials, a correcting of the population so to speak.
In theory definitely, yet given the protagonists in question probably not. Was the growth unregulated, or was t regulated by cops such as Rogerson, purely for their own benefit? I'd say that one of the reasons would be the ultimate dismantling of several arms of the police force and the resultant mass exodus of experienced officers by various Royal Commissions (which were of course warranted). Just my take though, never having worked in the field.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In theory definitely, yet given the protagonists in question probably not. Was the growth unregulated, or was t regulated by cops such as Rogerson, purely for their own benefit? I'd say that one of the reasons would be the ultimate dismantling of several arms of the police force and the resultant mass exodus of experienced officers by various Royal Commissions (which were of course warranted). Just my take though, never having worked in the field.
We may be saying similar things. There were farmers, tending their fields. Now they.are gone and the weeds have spread.