Rock Fox Flike

leighha

Likes Dirt
Got a second had 2010 Pike (327 no motion control)the other day with 20 mm Maxle but I had no 20mm front wheel. Had an 2009 Fox Float (dead dampner) and a 2006 Reba (bent steerer tube, car roof rack bike mounts and undercover parking do not mix) laying around.
Used the Pike uppers and spring, Reba dampner and Float lowers to come up with this mongrel.

Attachments

redbruce

Eats Squid
Got a second had 2010 Pike (327 no motion control)the other day with 20 mm Maxle but I had no 20mm front wheel. Had an 2009 Fox Float (dead dampner) and a 2006 Reba (bent steerer tube, car roof rack bike mounts and undercover parking do not mix) laying around.
Used the Pike uppers and spring, Reba dampner and Float lowers to come up with this mongrel.
Wow, just wow.

Awaiting ride report with baited breath.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's a real Franken Fork and a half.
You may assume they might come out of the same production factories, sub contracted by the main fork companies.

leighha

Likes Dirt
Took them for a spin, plush as you would expect from 140mm coil fork. Same performance as a Fox Vanilla really which is great for what I need, so pretty happy to use some parts that were destined for the bin. The biggest surprise for me was that the rock shock internals press fit shaft ends seated perfectly into the Fox lowers, and the bushings in the rock shox and fox lowers are nearly exactly the same also, makes me wonder if they are secretly the same company and are just contriving competition for marketing;)

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty much all 32mm lowers will work on 32mm uppers. Have run Zoochi lowers on a older Pike whilst the Pike lowers where getting painted. All lowers are just housing for seals and bushings with 2 holes at the top and 2 holes at the bottom.

Gotta love RS stuff for the simple reason you can chuck any 32mm (Reba, Pike, Recon, SID, Revelation, Skeletor) damper into their uppers. Spring side isn't as compatible, only the Dual-air stuff that requires the machining inside the end of the upper to hold the circlip in place.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Pretty much all 32mm lowers will work on 32mm uppers. Have run Zoochi lowers on a older Pike whilst the Pike lowers where getting painted. All lowers are just housing for seals and bushings with 2 holes at the top and 2 holes at the bottom.

Gotta love RS stuff for the simple reason you can chuck any 32mm (Reba, Pike, Recon, SID, Revelation, Skeletor) damper into their uppers. Spring side isn't as compatible, only the Dual-air stuff that requires the machining inside the end of the upper to hold the circlip in place.
I'd like to know how good the fit is, could be as flexy as a CB antenna

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to know how good the fit is, could be as flexy as a CB antenna
Only ridden them in 100mm travel, so you wouldn't get that much considering how much stanchion is inside the lowers.

Something like this at 140mm would be more prone to it. As moorey said, just as flexy as any long-travel 32mm fork.