Returning road signs?

norco01

Likes Dirt
Walking around my neighbourhood the other night i found a keep left road sign lying on the ground, it had been taken off the pole and was just lying on the ground.

I was wondering if the council pays you if you return them? it makes a good ornament in my room, but id love a little cash haha.

If not it can stay as an ornament in my room.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I really doubt they would pay you anything. Otherwise everybody would take them and claim to have 'found' them so they can get the reward.

Just up the road from me is 'Red Knob Road'. That sign goes missing so often :p

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Call them from a pay phone across town so they can't track you, then ask them. If there isn't then you cant be caught unless there are mass house raids to find it. And if there is you will know it is safe to call from home again.

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt
It may be in your best interest to hand it back in at your local council depot. I knew a guy who had the cops around on another matter, and noticed a number of street signs in his lounge room. Lets just say it cost him a bit of money, and he no longer has those ornaments.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
How are you going to get the cash off anyone (council or whatever) without running the risk of them pinching you for possession of stolen property? Give them your bank details?