Reed Wins Supercross...

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
Here are tonight's Supercross results--round #14 in Dallas, TX. I didn't see the race tonight, but will be watching it tomorrow.

It's great to see that Nick Wey, a privateer, took the final spot on the podium--he doesn't even have a factory bike!

Supercross Results
1. Chad Reed YAM
2. James Stewart KAW
3. Nick Wey HON
4. Ivan Tedesco SUZ
5. Michael Byrne KAW
6. Ricky Carmichael SUZ
7. Kevin Windham HON
8. Travis Preston HON
9. Josh Demuth HON
10. Ryan Clark HON
Supercross Points
Ricky Carmichael 296
Chad Reed 294
James Stewart 288
Ivan Tedesco 227
Nick Wey 218
Michael Byrne 197
Travis Preston 160
Ernesto Fonseca 125
Mike LaRocco 108
Tim Ferry 108

Supercross Lites West Results
1. Ryan Villopoto KAW
2. Andrew Short HON
3. Grant Langston KAW
4. Mike Alessi KTM
5. Ryan Morais SUZ
6. Justin Brayton YAM
7. Justin Keeney HON
8. Ryan Abrigo HON
9. Billy Laninovich HON
10. Paul Carpenter HON
Supercross Lites West Points
Andrew Short 140
Grant Langston 136
Ryan Villopoto 119
Nate Ramsey 116
Mike Alessi 113
Billy Laninovich 111
Brett Metcalfe 98
Paul Carpenter 89
Darcy Lange 63
Ryan Morais 60

Texas Stadium

Chad Reed wins Dallas Supercross .... Ryan Villopoto gets first Supercross Lites victory

Supercross: After two weekends off from racing, the 2006 AMA Supercross Series returned to action tonight. And Yamaha's Chad Reed, riding the YZ 450 four-stroke, won the 20 lap main event. It's Chad's second victory of the year, and he's only two behind RC in the championship chase.

James Stewart, riding for Team Kawasaki, finished in the runner-up position, even though he fell & had to restart his motor. James was in the lead when he fell.

Nick Wey, top privateer in this year's series, had another great race, finishing in third.

Defending Supercross Champion Ricky Carmichael had the holeshot, and led the race early on. After he was passed by Stewart for the lead, RC bobbled and fell. He eventually got back into action, finishing in sixth position, and garnering a very important 15 points toward the championship.

There are only two races left in the season: Seattle & Vegas. Ricky Carmichael leads the championship chase with 296, Chad Reed is second with 294, and James Stewart is third with 286!

Reed said "It was a tough track tonight. You had to be on your game. I figured out my line in the whoops before these (Carmichael and Stewart) guys did. The whoops were really tough. I've been working hard ... if I put myself in a good position the next two weeks, the title is possible."

Supercross Lites: The West series got going again after being off since mid-February. Ryan Villopoto, riding for Team Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki, won the first supercross of his career tonight. Ryan led all 15 laps. Second place went to Team Honda's Andrew Short, and Grant Langston, team-mate of Villopoto, finished in third place. Short and Langston are the two main contenders for the championship series. Andrew leads Grant by four points heading into their final round in Seattle next weekend.

Check out This Week in Supercross audio podcast for an overview of the race by Rick Johnson and Roger De Coster!

Frank Hoppen photos

The Trixter X-Bike

Get results to your USA mobile phones

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
youngone said:
Go Reedy. Imagine if they hadn’t give Carmichael back those points from his fuel infringement

It would have been good for Reed, but the series would be a lot less interesting. With only two rounds left, things are about as hot as they can get. The overall title is still up for grabs. You can't really rule Bubba out, either.

Last edited:

ridemotocross

Likes Dirt
good on Reed, the poor blokes been in the shadow of carmichael and stewart for pretty much the whole season, he deserves some light, he could still take the championship by the looks of things to which is real kickass

youngone

Likes Dirt
blt2ride said:
It would have been good for Reed, but the series would be a lot less interesting. With only two rounds left, things are about as hot as they can get. The overall title is still up for grabs. You can't really rule Bubba out, either.

Good point. It would probably be a less satisfying victory if he did win the championship only because Carmichael had been penalised.

Have to agree with ridemotorcross - Reedy has been in the shadows but he's still in with a good chance.

Go Aussie!!!

Good to see Burner finished in front of Carmichael too.