Recommend me an MP3 player that doesn't suck.

fairy1

Banned
Creative's older flash-based MP3 players were really great, as are iRiver. Not sure what either company produces these days.

I personally still rock one of these:

Not the easiest thing to use due to the peculiar '+' pad and the software was always rampant with bugs, but you can plug a digital camera straight to it and back up photos and the sound (though quality headphones of course) is really good! Shame Toshiba don't make MP3 players anymore either. Really good aftersales too! Especially considering it was a run out product when I purchased it in 2007.
Oh yeah , bout time Toshi came up in this thread, I have the 60gb model it has copped a hiding I've dropped an esky on it, put a travel adjuster through the screen cover and I swear it must have sucked in a litre of sweat by now. It is drag and drop and comes with a proper charger, mine only works with WMP10 for some reason. However all Toshiba HD type MP3 players chew batteries like crazy and it is enough reason not to buy one.

I also have two Toshiba U201s, if you can find one of these still kickin around they are simple and stupidly strong. I have seen them at JB-HIFI, I managed to get mine for $47ea, they are 2GB support drag and drop WMP10 and 11 and they have a built in transmitter so when your mates put on Nickelback you can tune your fav Daryl Braithwaite tracks into their radio. Oh and they do run for 20hrs as stated-http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/web/resource/pdf/discontinued-models/gigabeat/gigabeat_u_meu201au.pdf