recomend me some techno

Callum

Likes Bikes
my fav song is insane (steve murano vocal mix) by dark monks
yea i love that track off hard nrg 4.
As for blutonium boy he is way overrated, hardstyle has turned to shit now.
Anythin by Vandall is sweet as and Scot Projet is awesome for some hard trance. But yea Hard NRG is probably your best bet to get some sweet tracks or any bexta mixes.

Sketchy

Likes Dirt
Get into some pendulum, The Prodigy, Concord dawn, lasgo, Ian van Dyke..lots more punch into Google electronic music and you should get some good sites coming up.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
can anyone recomend me some songs, albums, stuff that gets played in clubs etc preferably hard out stuff
Only chat junkie clubs play doof doof techno and hardcore, all the trendy people like electro nowadays. Whatever happened to good old instrumental and rythmic house music?

But I guess if you want some fully hectic doof doof go to www.happyhardcore.com and listen to the radio stream, it gives you track names and plays mixes like bonkers and other junk like that, probly a good idea for finding some new tracks to listen to.

Got Awesome?

Likes Bikes
I'm sure us two oldies would agree, go right to the source and get yourself some Orb and Future Sound of London.
That's the shit right there. :cool:

If your after ball-busting trance with super-massive bassline carnage, check out the new Prometheus - "Corridors Of Mirrors" album on Twisted Records (home to Simon Posford aka Hallucinogen, Shpongle, Younger Brother, etc). Lot's of killer tunes and it's not all finger-down-your-throat cheesy like a lot of the stuff going around.

It's worth getting your hands on some older stuff from the 90's too, music had a really cool vibe back then, good acid sounds, big harmonic trance music, labels like Superstition, Harthouse, Rising High, etc... Oliver Lieb and Hardfloor had too many good tracks to list. I have an Orbital set (their last one ever @ Maida Vale the other year), it's right up there with the most kick-ass sets I've ever heard, romping acid/tech/house/trance in their own imitable style, with the most glorious finale you could think of. I'm raving right now just typing this!

And waaaay better :p than the current boshing hardstyle sound, late 90's techno was ROCKIN' TO THE MAX!, get some Richie Hawtin - Dex, FX & 909 and/or Speedy J - Loudboxer into ya! :D

benni

Banned
It just feels good buying a cd i think, rather then thinking yes ive finished steeling a song from the internet...and being able to chuck the cd on in a car, and carry it around rather then going through thousands of songs on your ipod.

Benzy

Likes Dirt
I must admit that I've never been a real fan of robot music (tend to go more towards the punk/death option) and I really don't know much about it. However, I have recently been looking at diversifying my music collection and was wondering what would 'Ali G' techno be classified as (the shit Ali G listens to) because I could see myself getting into it.

Can anyone recommend any bands in this genre??

Go hard or go home..

Neophyte
The Stunned guys
Angerfist
The playa
Tommyknocker
DJ panic

are just a few you should checkout if you like hard fast bass without the commerical feminine touch of hardstyles

clockworked

Like an orange
noob question

having spent most of my yoof listening to nofx and bad religion, drum and bass/jungle/whatever-it-is-called is new to me, i don't know where to start

i really like pendulum's hold your colour - whats the next few albums i should look into towards what i think is called jungle? or is it drum and bass?

essentially, whatever the hell would you class hold your colour as, genre wise, whats the next album down that path

cheers

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
ok i need to expand my music collection
and i am now in to techno,rave,happy hardcore,hardhouse etc.........
can anyone recomend me some songs, albums, stuff that gets played in clubs etc preferably hard out stuff
I recommend you start listening to some real music :D. The closest thing to Techno I listen to is Talking Heads

topher

Likes Dirt
rotterdam terror corps
sequential one (abit so so)
John Digweed
Sasha
Skazi
styles and breeze
dougal and gammer
kai tracid
hypertraxx(alright)
Hennes and Cold (Love em)
Paul Elstak

Get into so psy
Infected mushroom

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nick Skitz, the best ever, he is: happy new rave deep ambient psycore hard detroit house.

rotterdam terror corps
sequential one (abit so so)
John Digweed
Sasha
Skazi
styles and breeze
dougal and gammer
kai tracid
hypertraxx(alright)
Hennes and Cold (Love em)
Paul Elstak

Get into so psy
Infected mushroom
that is the most random selection i have ever ever seen, there is styles from so many genres

you should probably sort them properly.

Last edited:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
i really like pendulum's hold your colour - whats the next few albums i should look into towards what i think is called jungle? or is it drum and bass?
I find some drum and bass alright, but usually it's few and far between. But that's just me.

However, I still really enjoy break-beat style techno, but I'd have to say one of my favorite ever drum-and-bass artists has gotta be Roni Size. Listen to the album "New Forms". Mind blowing.

It's been called by a few music critics and music magazines as the greatest drum-and-bass album of all time.

Even if you aren't into drum-and-bass or jungle, this album will probably make you a believer. It's THAT good...:cool:

brjknns

Likes Dirt
While on this topic...
Can anyone direct me on any good HardTrance, Happy Hardcore type Songs/DJ's?
Muchly Appreciated.