Raaw Madonna V2.2

Jpez

Down on the left!
Frame - Raaw Madonna V2.2. 65mm linkage
Rear shock - Ohlins TTX2
Front shock/fork - Manitou Mezzer pro 170. OneUp edc tappped.
I have a Shockcraft custom tuned shim kit ready to go when I get around to installing it. Some of the photos show the Lyric Ultimate with a Smashpot and tuned damper installed Just yanked out. The Smashpot is good but the Mezzer is better.
Handlebars - OneUp carbon
Stem - Loam lab
Headset - Cane Creek Hellbender
Bottom bracket Cane creek Hellbender.
Grips - PNW Loam
Saddle - SQ LABS 611
Seatpost - PNW Loam w/ Wolftooth remote
Front brake - Magura MT7 w/ Galfer shark rotor
Rear brake - Magura MT7 w/ Galfer shark rotor
Cranks - E13 Helix R @ 165mm
Chanring - Alugear 28 oval.
Chainguide - E13 Bashguard
Chain - Shimano something
Pedals - Deity Tmacs. Xtra long shin gnashing pins installed.
Rear derailleur - SRAM X01 11sp
Rear shifter - SRAM XO1 11sp
Cassette - E13 Helix 9-46
Front hub - Hope Pro4
Rear hub - Hope Pro4
Front rim - DT Xm481
Rear rim - DT Ex511
Spokes - DT Comp
Nipples - brass
Tyres - Michelin Wild Enduros
Total weight - 16.2Kg according to the bathroom scales. It doesn’t ‘feel’ heavy for a big bike.

With @Tubbsy pleading for more quality content and less bickering here’s my pyr.
So my last bike was a Deviate Highlander and for various reasons I just didn’t get along with it. I’d finally decided to move it on and was looking at a Madonna and next day this frame comes up on marketplace for a steal.
I believe @beeb has one on the way so you’ll be able to listen to his 74 page ride report and review on Audible when it’s released. But suffice to say I am in love with this bike. It fits me like a glove, instant perfect fit. It is so balanced. I messed around with the Deviate like you wouldn’t believe trying to get it to feel how I wanted. Never did. This bike just works. (I had it 90% dialled in after the first outing) Very very well.
IMG_3517.jpeg
IMG_0103.jpeg
IMG_0106.jpeg
IMG_3553.jpeg
IMG_0102.jpeg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Very nice @Jpez :eek:

Actually thought about you the other day while browsing a German shop, don't know if 99.99% of the population would get it, probably thinking you are die hard Madge fan reliving the 80/90's :p

dfsgsdfgsdfg.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I remember thinking when I was buying my silver Hope 4's "Well, at least they'll be a point of difference from @Jpez's bike when I build mine up", then looking at the photo you messaged me a week or so later "FFS!!! :rolleyes:". Lol. Raw alloy handlebars and a front triangle smaller than the span of the Westgate Bridge will have to do I guess... :p

Looks good mate, glad you finally got on something sorted and balanced instead of the eternal faffing with the Deviate.

Jpez

Down on the left!
”span of the westgate bridge” that’s funny. I think it’s mostly the angle take from. This side shot I thought the frame looks quite normal. It does show the nice tall stack height well too instead of the ridiculously minuscule head tubes coming out on some bikes.
Raw and silver. It’s just my thing. oh and bowerbird@Scotty675 too. Most stuff came off the Deviate. I did lose the silver TRP’s and silver I9 stem though. You can in fact have too much of a good thing!

IMG_3556.jpeg

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looks awesome mate. Love these bikes.
Thanks mate. I think Raaw nailed it with these bikes. Not that I’ll be selling this off to get a V3 but keen to see what improvements they make!
I know you tried long and hard to get the Deviate right, and seeing you land the desired set up on on this so quickly proves you made the right decision.

Stunning looking bike and great attention to detail on their frame design, especially for taller / larger riders.
Yep. Life’s too short to be on the wrong bike!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Very nice, some nice details on these which are missing off the Privateers (surely the same factory?)
Guess it’s very probable but my understanding is they pretty different bikes from different designer/engineers. Similar aesthetics but yeah you’re right. Definitely a few nice details.
The Raaw has massive double sealed bearings, proprietary tubing where privateer use off the shelf tubes, adjustable geometry and leverage rate as in a drop out insert to adjust the rear centre length 5mm longer or shorter and comes with a choice of rocker links for lighter or heavier riders.
The only thing I’m not loving is a creak in the axle/adjustable insert. It’s been a common complaint and gets a bit of dirt in there and starts to creak. Pull it out, clean it and it’s quiet for a time.
I think a new axle will sort that though.

slowmick

38-39"
Stunning looking bike. Spent many hours looking on the Raaw website learning all the details. In the end couldn't make the numbers work for my next bike. Your build is super neat. Love it.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Stunning looking bike. Spent many hours looking on the Raaw website learning all the details. In the end couldn't make the numbers work for my next bike. Your build is super neat. Love it.
I did the same about a year back and was about to pull the trigger when they were offering a special with ohlins fork/shock deal. They sold out pretty quick though so I ended up looking more closely at the Kavenz and here we are.

I’m stoked with the Kavenz but would have been equally so with the Raaw and I reckon Raaw wins on looks.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I think Raaw nailed it with these bikes. Not that I’ll be selling this off to get a V3 but keen to see what improvements they make!
Totally agree - these things just look the business, and to hear they ride well is awesome.

Wonder if anybody at Liteville has looked at RAAW and thought, hmmm where are we going wrong....

1698013141040.png

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Beautiful bike.

How are you finding the TTX2? I put one on my Hyrax about two weeks before my shoulder shat itself. Shoulder is on the mend, but I still haven't been able to ride it anywhere near its potential. So, please, let me live vicariously through you and tell me the TTX2 is awesome!!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Beautiful bike.

How are you finding the TTX2? I put one on my Hyrax about two weeks before my shoulder shat itself. Shoulder is on the mend, but I still haven't been able to ride it anywhere near its potential. So, please, let me live vicariously through you and tell me the TTX2 is awesome!!
Ok I’ll tell you it’s awesome! I’m a coil guy though and through so this actually came on the frame. Even before I’d received it I was looking at custom tuned NSR super deluxes etc. but decided to hold off as funds were tight. So I rode it and was more than pleasantly surprised. No idea how much is the frame or suspension but it soaks up bumps just like you want, is super supportive and takes bigger hits really well. I landed back wheel heavy off a medium huck to flat jump and before I landed I was thinking this is gonna hurt a bit but it just soaked it up really well and returned me to ride hight really smoothly. Gave me a lot of confidence.