Question for the Nerangutans.

Makker

Likes Bikes
I've been hitting Nerang for a bit over a year now and think I know where most of the trails are. Just wondering which trail is Whimps - is it the one that starts at the #13 post on the firebreak and ends at the quarry?
I've heard it called the Never-Ending Story once before, but no-one has referred to it as such since, especially not in Farkin Land...

Viv92

Eats Squid
thats norco flow

whimps has the NS in it. with the largish drop
So many different names... I've heard the fireroad trail called wimps and norco flow, and heard the other one called wimps, old wimps and norco flow. Mucho confused.

darth rider

Likes Bikes
So many different names... I've heard the fireroad trail called wimps and norco flow, and heard the other one called wimps, old wimps and norco flow. Mucho confused.
I think Norco flow is the one that splits off left after the first gap jump on Wimps - where it comes back to the firetrail after the first windy section. It has that largish NS step down.

What about the other one that splits left right at the top - called Freeride (or maybe it's Norco Flow coz it joins up)? It needs some attention. If anyone knows the builders, do you think they'd mind the NS being repaired/ strengthened up? There's a heap of old NS off the side of wimps that could be used...

Last edited:

sprocket

Likes Dirt
norco flow goes right at the first gap jump and into a big right hand berm (riding from the very top of whimps) if u look left theres a rocky/rutted trail that goes down the hill side. thats whimps. and norco flow follows the fire road down the hill, with a few doubles and a road gap.
we don't spend much time up at norco flow, so thats why it hasn't been repaired for a while.. might head up and do some work on it after this crap weather sorts its self out.

joshmilin69

Likes Dirt
ok so i'm pretty sure after the stepdown (sorta near the top) It you can go left which is whimps that has the big northshore or right which is new whimps/norcoflowthat runs along the fire road.:)

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
norco flow goes right at the first gap jump and into a big right hand berm (riding from the very top of whimps) if u look left theres a rocky/rutted trail that goes down the hill side. thats whimps. and norco flow follows the fire road down the hill, with a few doubles and a road gap.
we don't spend much time up at norco flow, so thats why it hasn't been repaired for a while.. might head up and do some work on it after this crap weather sorts its self out.
yeah i wouldnt mind helping out and i'm pretty shure there is big log across the track(unless its been moved) just before the road which kills your speed for the jump.

darth rider

Likes Bikes
Build day

Well it seems like a few people are keen to do some work, so, I'm thinking a sundy in the next few weeks? Sprocket, (when) are you able/ available? - just for some direction, since you are an original builder and might have some ideas on the back burner.
In the meantime everyone can have a think about what they'd like to see done to the track then bring their ideas (& man/woman power ;)) along on the day. Now that the weather is cooling off a little, plus all the rain making the ground a bit softer it should be better for building & maintenance. We can talk about the rubbish issues too.

Duckman

Likes Bikes
Hey guys im quite happy to help out on any sunday or saturday (except race weekend for obvious reasons) just pm me for my phone no etc and ill lend a hand :)

thedownhilllife

Cannon Fodder
guys im new to basically everything so could you please help. were do you enter into the forest or what is the quickest way to get to the trails from mount nathen anyone live in the mount nathen area that nos the imformation would be greatly apritiated thank you