Putting movis onto an Iriver E10

patto94

Likes Dirt
Hey I currently have an Iriver E10 and i've had it for a while but the thing that has been bugging me is that i dont know how to put movies onto it.
Does any one here know how to transfer movies onto one of these.
And when i go to import media into the iriver program to put on my MP3 it only has music and pictures.
And it came with a video on it and it has in the menu bar "Video"

So any help would be great.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Sounds to me like you want to put videos on but they're not in the format supported by an iriver.

I had this problem with my iPod, never used an iriver so can't comment on what format it supports, but I would be looking into finding that out first, and then look for a program which will convert standard video formats (.mpg, .mpeg, .avi etc..) to that which your portable will play.

patto94

Likes Dirt
It is sort of like that.
Its like you put music and videos into Itunes and then onto your Ipod.
I cant get the videos into the Iriver program like Itunes.
But it does with pictures and i have tried renaming the file to .jpg but it dosent work.

RCOH

Eats Squid
My Iriver e4 ( the same as e10 but smaller capacity) came with a program that automatically converted all video files into the format suported by iriver?

Do you have the set-up disc. The program was called 'Movie Converter' funnily enough.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
That would be because renaming a movie to .jpg would not work, as it's a image format, and besides, changing the .*** of a file does not actually change it's format.

You will need a program to encode it into the format which can be detected by the iriver, or it's program.

You might know also that while most videos can be imported to itunes, not all of them can be copied to the iPod as they're not the right format..

patto94

Likes Dirt
My Iriver e4 ( the same as e10 but smaller capacity) came with a program that automatically converted all video files into the format suported by iriver?

Do you have the set-up disc. The program was called 'Movie Converter' funnily enough.
But i cant seem to find the program any where.
Did you have iriver plus 2 disc or plus 3?
And how do i get it off the disk if it is on there?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
*contemplates whether or not to post, yet again, that David Lynch rant about people who watch movies on tiny portable screens*